Ƭнє ǀηνιѕιвℓє Sι∂є σƒ Aℓуѕση Ɗєαη

Title: The Invisible Side of Alyson Dean

Author: Retaliates 

Genre: Romance

Length: 8 parts

Rating: PG-13

Status: Ongoing

Click on the external link to direct you to the story.

Alyson Dean expects that when she goes back to public school for the first time in three years, everyone will be fawning over her. She expects that she will end up falling for her brother's best friend because that's how the story is supposed to go. And most of all, she expects to breeze through everything because she's famous, and that should make it all easier.What she doesn't expect is that many people don't like her at all, her brother's best friend is an absolute jerk, and she actually has to follow the rules. And if that wasn't enough, she's forced to do a Film class project with Sawyer Bock: an extremely sassy teenage boy who won't tolerate her attitude.But among sappy movies, sad attempts at documenting the life of a celebrity, and late nights; it becomes apparent that even famous people can have secrets. Big ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So this review will be mildly short because the book isn't that long. I have to say though, what I did read was very interesting.

The concept in itself is fresh and unique, and I never found a dull moment while reading. The author wrote the book in a different style from what I normally see on Wattpad. It was written in 3rd person, but at times it also sounded like someone was narrating and even though it strayed from 3rd person at some points, I found it to be very unique and attention grabbing.

The characterization and dialogue was probably my favorite part of reading. The dialogue was not only filled with humor, but it was very realistic. I could see the conversations that were being had happening in real life and in real social groups in high school.

The main character Alyson was very thought out and it showed. I liked how the author made an effort to make full-fleshed characters instead of one dimensional. Alyson went from a simple girl to a celebrity sensation, and her ego inflated causing her to have a careless and bad attitude.

Though, when she was "brought back to earth" another level of her personality came to the surface. She was a typical high school girl who had a great sense of humor and a bit shy/nervous—especially when it came to Sawyer her love interest.

This story also tackled sibling dynamics in a great way. I could genuinely say that I could tell that the characters cared about one another and it gave me a warm feeling. Even when there were slight mentions of how Alyson's mother was nosy and overbearing.

There were only a couple of things that I thought could use a bit of insight. For instance, even with Alyson taking time out to regain her good image to the public and go to normal school, she was still a celebrity and celebrities have more groupies and paparazzi following them than she did. There are perks to being a celebrity: getting noticed a lot, getting perks and special treatment. While there are also people who despise celebrities and are considerably rude.

I think the author could have portrayed her wealth and celebrity status a bit more. But other than that there were minor grammar issues—as every book has these. Furthermore I truly enjoyed it and plan to read on!

Is this a gem on the rise? Absolutely! I don't understand how the author don't have more reads as it is. I would suggest the author doing a bit more promotions. But, this is simply my opinion. Like it, hate it, use it or dispose of it.

Originality: 9/10

Storytelling: 8.5/10

Grammar: 8/10

Grand Total: 25.5/30

Best of luck!

xbri