Part 2• Shadow

~Authors Note: while writing this chapter I was listening to Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You by Arctic Monkeys and Haunted by Taylor Swift~
Disclaimer: this chapter involves some swearing and adult themes

   The fire crackled in the common room, it was late and darkness had surrounded the castle. I snuggled closer into Rons side as Harry came to join us in front of the fire. "Are you guys going to Hogsmeade tomorrow?" Harry asked casually.
"What? We haven't heard anything about it." I asked while looking at Harry curiously.
"Oh yeah that's because I may have forgotten to tell you" Ron chuckled "the whole year's going"
"Oh well I guess I am then" I laughed "oh wait, urghh I promised Ginny I would help her with something. A project we did when we were in her year"
"Why don't you just help Ginny in the morning and then meet us in Hogsmeade when you're done?" Ron compromised.
"Yeah, okay" I smiled before kissing Ron on the check and going to my room. I scrambled into bed and pulled the covers tight up to my chin but it didn't stop the cold, the coldness that wrapped itself around me every night. Accompanied by the dreams. The dreams that always came and never left. The dreams that left me waking in panic with no explanation of why they hurt me so deeply. But nonetheless I fell asleep for the inevitable.

After helping Ginny with her Transfiguration project I grab my bag and make my way out of the castle to Hogsmeade. My thoughts go to how happy Ginny seemed and how her face lit up when talking about her and Harry. "Whenever we're together I feel this fire within me. I feel strong and alive. I can't really explain it, I know it's stupid." She said nervously while looking down at her lap. "No it's not stupid at all" I said quietly. The fire she spoke of. I want to the feel the fire. I'm torn from my thoughts as two large boys, only a little older than me, come out of The Three Broomsticks and stagger towards me stinking off alcohol. I keep my head low trying to avoid their attention. One of them steps in front of me blocking my path. "Excuse me" I half ask half demand.
"You're not going anywhere" he licks his lips disgustingly as his eyes rake down my body. The fear rises up in my body until it spills out my mouth.
"Just leave me alone"
"But that wouldn't be any fun now would it?" He laughs while grabbing me and pulling me into the shadows behind the dark pub. He pushes me up against the wall as he plays with the buttons on my shirt and puts his lips on my neck expelling his hot putrid breath across my chest. I try to squirm free and fight back but he's too strong. I screamed as loud as I could before his hand clasps over my mouth. "Bad choice little girl" A laugh rattles out of his mouth. He began to open the top bottom of my shirt. I tried to scream again but they were muffled by the iron clasp of his hand on my mouth. I let the tears streak down my face and cloud my vision. I shut my eyes not wanting to see his face for another second as he brushed his fingers along my chest.
"Get the fuck off of her" I heard someone shout. A boy, who's identity was clouded by shadow, sent the drunken man crashing into the wall at the flick of his wand. As he steps into the light a breath hitches in my throat as Draco Malfoy grabs the man by the collar and pushes him up against the wall. He punches him in the stomach sending blood spluttering our of the mans mouth. Draco's arms shake with anger and the veins in his neck protrude as he screams in the man's face "you ever touch her again" he raised his wand to the mans neck "and I'll kill you". Draco hit him against the wall once more then released him. The man ran away, taking his friend with him. Draco had his back to me and wouldn't turn around.
"Dra.." I could barely get a word out before he turned to leave. "But Draco wait" it was too late, he was already gone. The weight of what just happened hit me and I slid to the floor with my head in my hands.