Chapter 46

Rachel pushes her into her room and shuts the door and continues pushing until she's seated at the foot of the bed and then she backs away and starts pacing.

"Now, I want you to be completely honest with me. Okay?"

Santana rolls her eyes and folds her arms, "I thought we established that this wasn't going to be as crazy, hokey pokey as the last time?"

Rachel stops mid stride and her arms flail before falling at her side and she walks up to the seated brunette and shrugs, "I'm just really nervous. I've planned dates before but never when I was the one who's supposed to keep everything going...I don't want this to be lame. I just want to run it by you."

Santana shakes her head and lets out a sigh before nodding her head, "Alright fine half-pint. Wow me."

The tiny brunette squeals and hops up and down in place and says, "Okay, so I know she's kept this part of herself hidden with the understanding that apparently no one will like it and think of it as lame, however I'm also certain that you know about it so..." she notices Santana's face and grins sheepishly before clearing her throat, "Right uhm so my dad knows this professor that works over at the planetarium in Bowling Green, they used to go to school together and they're literally the best of friends and he's been over here loads of times...anyway after my last date I remembered that he basically runs the place and I was thinking of taking her there...I called him and he offered to let us in and he even offered to close it up so it'd only be us...is that. That's not good?" She starts second guessing herself when she notes the look on Santana's face but a second later and the cheerleader is shaking her head viciously.

"No! No you dipstick that's fantastic! Do you have any idea how much she's wanted to go to the planetarium? Her dad never took her, and then things kept getting in the way and she never ended up getting to go afterwards and not once did her fuckin boyfriend think to treat her to something she'd love. If I wasn't so in love with Brittany and if you weren't equally in love with Q-ball, I'd be tryna get ya all to myself. Q's gonna love it Rach, honestly she probably wont even know what to do with herself."

Rachel's face gets taken over by a massive blush and an equally massive smile, "You really think so?"

Santana smiles and nods her head, "I'd bet my Guitar Hero lead on it."

The tinier brunette chuckles and takes a deep breath to calm herself down before smiling taking a seat beside Santana and saying, "You know if it weren't for our blondes I'd be tryna get ya to myself as well."

Santana laughs and wraps an arm around her, "You goober."

Rachel giggles and when they've finally settled down into comfortable silence she asks, "So where are you taking Brittany?"

Santana chuckles and if Rachel hadn't been looking so closely she would have missed the slight blush that has formed on the cheerleader's cheeks, "Mami heard from a friend of hers that the new restaurant is finally opening. It's nothing overly fancy or anything like that but I went over there to check it out and well...Okay don't fuckin laugh or anything but it's basically a diner, it's even got the booths and milkshakes and stuff and B's totes into the whole fifties or whatever and I thought what the hell right? She'll get to dress up and..."

Santana cuts herself off when she sees Rachel looking at her like the moon shines outta her eyes.

"The hell's the matter with you?"

Next thing she knows she's got her arms full of Rachel, "That's the sweetest thing! She's been talking to me about that restaurant for weeks now! She's been dying to go so she can dress up in her swing dress!"

Santana's smile widens, "I know, and I'll wear mine and she'll get to show off her moves and everything and then we can share a freakin milkshake to celebrate."