Chapter 2

Ugh- I'm so frustrated. I always let them do that! I swear they always say they're going to walk me to class and then we just end up wandering around doing nothing. I pause on my run to the Gryffindor dormitory my mind flooded with wonderful thoughts of the twins. They're definitely worth it though. I think smiling to myself.

As soon as I'm in my room I chuck my stuff onto my bed and gather my necessities for flying class: my broom, scarf, and cloak. I run down the winding brick staircase and I glance out the stained glass windows spotting everyone in the courtyard. I really need to hurry.

Once I finally get down all of the stairs I wrap the red and gold hand knitted scarf around my neck a couple of times rushing to the courtyard. I glance up at my watch seeing that I have 4 minutes left until class starts. Thank goodness.

I take a couple of deep breaths in composing myself after all of that running and walk over to my bestfriend, Rachel. As soon as she spots me she begins snickering at how uncomposed I am. Most of the time I try to keep myself pretty put together, until recently. Since meeting the twins my life has become a complete whirlwind, but in the best way possible.

"What happened to you?" Rachel asks looking me up and down quickly. "Let me give you a hint. Two mischievous red heads." She smiles slightly tucking her short brown hair behind her ear. "They've been making you late a lot lately..." She says hesitating slightly.

I shrug my eyes landing on the grass. I kick slightly at it just making a little dent. "I like them though. They make me laugh, and even though they can be a little irritating sometimes, I feel like they care about me."

"Well I cant even tell them apart! Doesn't it drive you mad?" I glance at her shaking my head and laughing slightly, "They arent the same person Rachel. Of course I can tell them apart." She watches me for a second shaking her head and sighing. She knows that arguing with me about the twins is useless. If I enjoy someone's presence, I'm going to keep them around. Plus she likes the twins, she just isnt used to seeing me so...different.

"Speaking of the devils.." she says looking behind me. I immediately pivot around my eyes landing on them. They're breathing heavily sweat glinting down their foreheads. What in the world could they have done now? I watch as Mr. Filch limps down the hallway waving and yelling wildly at the boys their steps not hesitating. They seriously never just take a break huh?

"Stop running!" Flich calls out hunched over trying to catch his breath. I watch as Mrs. Norris slowly maneuvers through the pillars watching the mess with the rest of the class. The boys fist bump each other and then they notice me. As soon as they do they're headed in my direction. Maybe I could just shrink, or maybe dissapear??

I glance at Mr. Filch again who is still hunched across the courtyard and my eye twitches as the boys stop in front of me a pleased look plastered on their faces.

"Fred and George Weasley!" I yell swatting both of their heads quickly them groaning and rubbing the spot. "First of all, why aren't you in class?! Secondly, why are you here?!?" I take a deep breath trying to compose myself and they chuckle. I know they like watching me get all flustered.

They both glance over their shoulders and shrug, "Well we may or may not have had a little mishap with your professor... With one of our prototypes, the enchanted boomerang?" I feel my jaw drop and Fred gently places his thumb on my chin lifting it closed, "That's not ladylike El." I roll my eyes shoving his hand away. "You towards better fix this." "Oops sorry gotta go!" George says pulling Fred quickly towards another hallway Filch mumbling profanities underneath his breath.

We all waited for about 15 more minutes before Professor Mcgonagall came to inform us that our flying class will be canceled for the day. "Unfortunately there was an accident.." she begun looking directly at me. They're going to be the death of me, I swear. I'm slightly disappointed honestly. Flying is definitely one of my most enjoyable classes of the day but it is nice to just go back to the common room and relax.

I plop onto the cushy sofa the old chair creaking beneath me. I'm exhausted, I think slowly unwrapping my scarf from my neck. Things have really been crazy lately... I lean forward, so I'm closer to the fire, and rub my hands gently the heat radiating onto my fingertips.

I let myself finally lean back as I take my wand into my hands my eyes watching the fire build and crackle. Under my thumb I can feel where my mom lightly carved my initials into my wand, Phoniex core, Rowan Wood, 12" long. She carved that on my birthday. My mom and dad had both been saving up to get me that wand for months. They wanted me to be the best witch I could be.

My mother was a friend of Lily Potters, she was there the night they died. She did everything she could but obviously not enough. I dont even know if Harry knows our parents knew each other, but I dont plan on telling him. I think bringing it up would stir up some sour memories.

I tear my eyes away from the flames trying to not get to overwhelmed. My father used to tell me stories about her when I was little. He used to say she had the brightest green eyes, just like mine, and her potions were so marvelous that they were nearly unmatched. He wont talk about her much now, I don't think that he doesn't want to, I just think he cant remember.

"Hey.. El you're crying?" Rachel says placing a mug of hot chocolate on the coffee table in front of me concern plastered across her face. "Oh I'm okay!" I say wiping at the tears motioning to the fire. "I think I just got a little smoke in my eyes." I slowly stand gathering my things and turn to her. "I have to head to potions but I'll see you later, okay?" She bites her lip and finally gives in nodding. "Okay."

I head back to the dormitories quickly fixing my appearance and refreshing with some perfume. I grab my potions book and begin towards my class arriving slightly early. I walk in, placing myself at the front of the class, in my normal seat. I quickly flip open my potions book studying the pages as I hear laughter. I glance up spotting Oliver Wood who is saying goodbye to his friends.

My stomach churns in a giddy way as he turns to the classroom his eyes locking in on mine. Wow, I think a he walks towards me a small smile on his place.

"Hi Ella, this seat taken?" I shake my head shifting my body to look at him. "Nope it's all yours." He sits and then he clears his throat his eyes clicking with mine. "We're still on for later right?" He seems anxious and his cheeks are so bright. "I wouldn't miss it for the world Woods."
-----------------------------------------------------------