Chapter 9: Escape

* Blinks * Caroline, still shivering, looked around her. " I passed out, from being to cold," She started, " but, I'm okay... A little cold, but nothing injured... Is someone here?" Caroline stood up and walked around. She peeked in one of the caves. It was quiet, but she could hear some noise. She walked in, steadily. " Hello, Is someone there? It's Princess Caroline.." She waited for a response... But there was  no reply. But she knew she could hear breathing. She searched the cave. It was very small, but big enough to hold at least one person. 

     Caroline started to walk out of the cave, but when she reached the outline of the cave, she heard a quiet voice. She looked behind her. She still saw nothing. But she still walked back inside the cave. She saw a hand behind a rock, so she ran over there. It wasn't Harry, but it was an english man. He looked like he was in his 40's or something. Caroline could see his breath since it was so cold. That was a good sign, at least he was breathing. Caroline pulled him up. He slapped her across the face. "Oh sorry, I thought you were gonna hurt me.. Anyways, nice to meet ya, the name's Daniel."  He spit on his hand and shook Caroline's hand. After that, Caroline wiped her hand, that was now full of spit, on her night gown.

" I'm Princess Caroline, but you may call me Caroline." Caroline said, trying to sound polite, even though she was furious with him. He smiled at Caroline. Caroline was disgusted by his yellow teeth that were chipped. She even noticed some of them were gone. He took off his hat. He had long brown hair. He was growing a beard too. " So, how long you been up here?" He asked Caroline. 

 " Just a day, I was looking up here for a friend, have you seen a boy, about your height, brown curly hair, with green eyes?" He chuckled. "Well, if you didn't noticed, I was basically knocked out on the ground. Stupid wind...."  He stared outside. "Sorry, anyways my point is, 'No'. Sorry, I hope you find your lovely boyfriend though." He said.  " We're not dating, we're just really good friends." Caroline corrected him. He nodded. " How long have you been up here?" Caroline asked.

" I don't really know, time up here flies by real fast, plus, I don't have a clock. But if I was to guess, it would probably be maybe two to three years."  Caroline's eyes widened. He smiled a half smile.  " You look pretty hungry... care for anything to eat?" he asked, friendly. Caroline nodded, she was very hungry. He left for a second, and then brought back a pile of this weird slop stuff. " Eat up!" he said. He dived right into his food. Caroline, however, put her tongue in the wood bowl and it burned her tongue. "Owch!" Caroline yelped. 

 " Sorry 'bout that." He brought her some ice. " Where did you get all this stuff up here?" He looked at Caroline, but didn't answer. "Here's a jacket, and a blanket, take what ya need! You can sleep here if you'd like!" He exclaimed. He brought a jacket and a blanket to Caroline, she felt so warm and cozy. " It's fine, this is enough, I'm probably going to leave to find my friend anyways, there's no time to sleep."  Caroline responded. Daniel looked pretty upset, " Yeah, of course.. Just come to me anytime, it's always nice to get company once a year.." He slowly walked away to the other side of the cave. Caroline felt really bad. "I guess I can stay for the night, but I'm going to have to leave first thing in the morning." Daniel danced. "Yay! Some company!!!" He exclaimed. 

"Okay, so you will sleep on this." He pointed to a pile of jackets and other clothing stuff.  He grabbed a few blankets. "You'll need these" He tossed them to Caroline. "Thanks" Caroline said. She snuggled up in the bed. "Good night!" He yelled. Caroline laughed a little but then repeated "Good night" back to him. An hour later, a familiar scream woke up Caroline. She looked up and saw Daniel, with a knife in front of Caroline, and she saw Harry in the background tied up.