Chapter 19

It was bright and early in the morning. Nat was still sleeping so I decided to quickly pack up my stuff. We had to go! Brooke was evil, but could I leave Brent? I had to. It would save Nat and my lives. Brooke wanted Brent to be her king, so he would live. All I knew though was that if we were reunited with Brooke, well it wouldn't be a happy occasion. We would have to make a grand escape or fight to the death. 

I quickly had breakfast, and kept some food and water out for Nat and Maddie. I moved Nat's mattress out with her on it and boxed the tent. We had to move. I knew Brooke and Brent would be coming. 

"Maddie, if we see Brooke, watch her. She's evil and can't be trusted." Maddie snorted and stomped her feet. I think she was mad. 

"I know, it sucks, but we can't do anything about this! Now we have to wake up Nat and then you'll have to become a purse again. Sorry." 

We woke Nat up and she seemed much better. She wanted to do magic, but I didn't let her. She almost died! "Nat we have to go." 

"Why?" 

"I'll explain later." I quickly packed up her stuff and we went. We ran to the airport and asked someone to call a taxi. Soon we were on our way. 

"So why did we have to go so suddenly?" Nat asked carefully. She couldn't wait could she? 

"Brooke is working for the ghosts." 

"You just don't like her." 

"No, well no I don't like her, but that's actually true. I told her about my awful dream. 

"Oh no! What about Brent?" 

"They'll find us Nat and the only thing we can do is confront Brooke, and then fight to the death with her. We can't pretend everything's okay when she's rally the enemy. As soon as we see her we have to talk to her, or we could run away too." 

"I like the running away part better." 

"Yep, me too, but we gotta do what we gotta do." 

"Candace, we have to make a strategy. We can't just keep going on and hoping for the best." 

"I know. Well we'll arrive at the Pyramids of Giza in about an hour. Then we have to start looking for things. Should we go to the biggest one and search there?" 

"Sure, I wonder if the thing we need is in like a secret tomb or something. And the only way we can find it is if we go through a secret entrance." 

"I think you may be right. After that we'll just go with it. Who knows what we'll find, or even if we'll make it out of there alive." 

"Thanks for boosting my confidence." Nat said sarcastically. 

"No problem." 

"We have to save all our money. We have to sleep in our tent every night, no hotels. Brent can stay with us if we find him, and Brooke?" 

"Will hopefully be gone." I said. "It'll make life much easier." 

"It will, I can't believe she would do that. The tattoo must be a symbol of loyalty to the ghosts or something. Her whole story is a lie." Nat said angrily. 

"I know Nat. She's a big fat pig-no cow headed liar." I didn't want to offend Maddie.

"Next time I'll listen to you. If you don't trust someone, I won't either. And Candace?" 

"Yep?" 

"I do want to be your best friend. I like you way better than Brooke or Brent." 

"Aw thanks Nat. I couldn't ask for anyone better."