The Origins (Edited)

The Origins -

I will tell you how it all begun. How the Gods, tired of the Humans created the other species. Species that walked side bu side with the Humans but are invisible to them.

When the Humans appeared - a gift given by Prometheus -, the Gods were thrilled with their new toy. However, it didn't take long for them to get tired of their wild attitudes and of their even wilder ways of living.

Because of that some of the Gods turned to the animals. Artemis, Goddess of the hunt and the moon, started to make experiments; she wanted a species that would be loyal and capable of helping her in the hunt. She saw the wolves. How they moved and lived as a Pack. How they fought together. She wanted something like them. But at the same time, Artemis was disappointed with the lack of intelligence the animals seemed to have.

As the time passed, the Humans evolved into a more civilized and ordered community. Athena, aware of her sister's project and knowing how far the Humans could go, she told her to use them.

Artemis was astonished when she saw how much the Humans had changed. How they, now lived in groups and had learnt how to talk. She was beyond fascinated with the way the Humans had grown.

Artemis thought the Humans were the best animal to do experiments with, but Artemis watched their behaviour and noticed that the loyalness was something that the Humans did not have. They constantly fought and conspired against one another. She still wanted a loyal animal; intelligent enough to be with her and help her when the Hunt became too dangerous. Once again she looked at the wolves and had a brilliant idea. With the help of Athena, Artemis created the Werewolves; creatures that appeared to be Human, with the same capability of intelligence but with the ability of changing into their animal counterparts; the wolves.

At the same time that Artemis made her experiments, Hecate, Goddess of Magic and Crossroads, turned to the Humans, just like Athena she saw their potential. She wanted them to be able to do something that she did. With a special interest in the Human feminine population Hecate created the Witches.

After seeing the creations of the two Goddesses, Nyx, Goddess of Night, too wanted to create a specie that would venerate her and at the same time be her family. With the help of the two Goddesses that had created the Werewolves and Witches, she created a species that incorporated the three species that had been already created: Humans, Werewolves and Witches. And so, the White Wolves were born. A human that had the capability to change into a pure white wolf and do Magick that until then only the Witches were capable of.

However, jealous of the creatures created by the three Goddesses, Hades took some of the Witches and tainted their souls with darkness. This Witches, created what it is called today a Coven and started worshiping the Dark God. And, so, Hecate angered with the Witches severed their link to their Magick.

However, Hades found a way of making these women do Magick again. Intrigued by how the Goddess had before linked them to what is pure and alive, the God tried to link them to what is not. He linked them to Death and doing so, created a dark path of Magick that many would soon start to follow: Necromancy.

Disgusted by the actions of Hades after seeing what he had done, Apollo created the Protectors. Human beings made of Light. They did not have any tendency to violence and only used their powers in order to protect. The Protectors had an important role in the war that later started between the White and Dark creatures.

Many, many species were created by several Gods. Some survived, others were not so lucky.

With time, the Humans - Zeus favourite animals - had grown in intelligence and numbers. Being somewhat aware of the Supernatural beings that surrounded them, they started to hunt them.

Due to being hunted, the number of Supernatural Creatures decreased immensely. The Gods and Goddesses that had created the Supernatural Creatures became worried and decided to create a save heaven for those that survived the Human Persecution.

And so, a hidden continent was created. They called it Derksun, and the Werewolves, Witches, White Wolfs and the Protectors were sent to live there by the Gods they worshipped.

With time most Humans forgot about the supernatural, thinking them just myths. However, few knew that they were real, this were called The Hunters. And so, a true war between Species started. The Supernaturals started to fight each other and the Magick around the Derksun started to get weaker and weaker, for it depended on the harmony between species to work.

Those Humans that knew that the Supernatural beings were more than just myths, found about the Continent that appeared and disappeared from time to time. They studied the continent and found a way in and out of Derksun. On that day, the true war began.

The Supernatural species were hunted down, slowly but steadily. Only years later, when The Hunters had already killed thousands, the Supernaturals started to see their numbers becoming fewer and fewer. Horrified by the discovery, Artemis gave all the Werewolves the ability to turn humans into one of them when bitten.

Nyx saw her beloved sons killed and almost led to extinction, and in a desperate move, she created the Elementals. Creatures like the White Wolves, except stronger.

When the war between the Supernatural species was over, they turned to the Humans that had attacked them and turned them into Supernaturals. This way they had to live their life as something they thought awful. A worthy punishment they thought.

The Gods were relieved with the end of the war between the Supernaturals, which later came to be named the War of Species.

The Supernaturals now lived in piece, and the Gods were happy in their thrones, either in Olympus, in Hades or in whatever place they had made their residence.

The War of Species had ended, but the Gods and the Supernaturals knew that the times of piece are short, and even though this one lasted until the present days, another war was sure to be blossoming, thriving in the shadows that surrounded both the Humans and the Supernaturals.