One Step At A Time

A/N: lol i'm getting horrible at updating on time. Whatever. I didn't mean to kind of push the drama in the last chapter under the rug, but I was really desperate to get back to awkward fluffy Scomiche. IT HAS RETURNED AND ITS HERE TO STAY OMG. As far as I have planned, there will be no more crippling drama after the first part of this chapter. Just fluffy, uncomfortable Scomiche. Enjoy!

Chapter 13

My initial plan was to go home, but that plan didn't make it to my legs, and I ended up just walking.

I didn't have a destination, I just wanted to be anywhere else.

I didn't know what my emotions were doing, but all I knew was that I was overwhelmed.

He killed someone.

But it wasn't intentional.

He lied to me.

He probably would've never told me.

I didn't know what to think. 

I wasn't sure when I collapsed to the ground, but the next thing I remembered was lying on the cold cement in the fetal position, struggling not to cry.

I closed my eyes, and took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down.

I kept reminding myself, it wasn't intentional. I would never doubt that, it was Scott, he'd never intentionally kill anyone.

Well, I didn't think he was capable of losing control like that and beating someone to death on accident.

That's when I realized something else. If he cared enough about me to attack someone like that, then he probably wasn't taking the fact that I just walked out like that very well.

Empathy; getting slightly better.

I pushed myself off the ground before heading back to Scott's place. I jogged up the stairs and reentered his room.

He was still sitting on the bed, with his knees pulled up to his chest, and his face buried into his knees.

I sighed sadly before walking over and sitting down. He didn't move. I reached out and rubbed his back softly. "Why would the dean take the blame for it?" I inquired softly. That part still didn't make sense.

Scott took a deep breath before turning his head towards me, revealing his teary eyes. "3 students died in that fire. He was sued, fired, and he blamed Noah," he explained.

I swallowed nervously, "So, if he was left alone with Noah, then maybe he had something to do with his death. Maybe it wasn't just you."

I had to give him benefit of the doubt, mainly to make me feel better, but still.

"I've never lost control like that," he choked out.

"It was just a slip up," I murmured.

He looked back up at me, "Almost killing someone isn't a slip up. Oh my god. What if I lose control with you? I'd never be able to forgive myself. No, I wouldn't... Fuck. What is wrong with me?" He rambled.

I couldn't help but feel nervous, but I ignored it and shook my head, "I know you wouldn't hurt me. Whether you lose control or not, you care too much. I know that," I assured him.

I was right. I just knew that for sure.

I reached out and pulled him into my arms before laying down. He choked out a sob before clutching into my shirt. "Shhh," I coaxed as I rubbed the back of his head soothingly.

We were both kind of a mess.

...

We took it one day at time, and each day got easier. I stopped having nightmares, and Scott stopped being paranoid.