Win Some, Lose Some

A/N: Hello there my lovelies! Things are getting intense ;) Omg the winky face made it sound bad. Not that kind of intense omg. ...Enjoy!

Chapter 9

After Scott left, I decided to head to the library. I was hoping Noah had gotten over lunch and would be more civil. I enjoyed being friends with him, but he was being immature.

When I got to the library, Kevin was the only one in there. He smiled and waved at me, "All alone again?" He inquired.

"Yeah, he'll be back for my birthday though," I replied before sitting down.

"Cool. He seems really nice," he assured me.

I smiled, "Thanks," I replied, "Where are the others?" I questioned.

"Well, Melina and Jacob went home for the weekend, and Annie's consoling Noah," he informed me.

"Consoling? About earlier? Is he really that upset over it?" I asked him skeptically.

Kevin exhaled slowly before setting his book down, "Noah is...interesting. In high school, he had a crush on this guy. He rejected Noah, and Noah became very...obsessive. He started stalking him, and threatening anyone who flirted with his crush. He was insanely jealous of everyone he talked to. It got so bad that the kid had to switch schools. Noah got very angry about it and showed up to the kid's house. He got a restraining order against him, the whole nine yards. We thought he was over that. And then you two hit it off, so we thought it'd be fine, but once you mentioned Scott, we all kind of started panicking," Kevin explained.

I looked at him in awe, gaping. "So what, he's like...obsessed with me? I barely know him," I pointed out.

"That doesn't stop him. When Noah sees something he likes, he always gets it. As long as you don't snap at him or anything negative, he'll be normal for the most part. But Scott really set him off, so just...be careful," he pleaded.

Great.

"Why didn't you guys say something sooner?" I snapped at him.

"He didn't start acting weird until you mentioned Scott. We thought that since he didn't know you he wouldn't start getting hostile. We should've said something sooner, and I'm sorry," he replied desperately.

I sighed, "Well, thanks for telling me," I muttered.

"If he gets too bad, we'll tell a professor or something and get something worked out," he suggested reassuringly.

I nodded and tried not to worry too much about it.

...

I spent the next few days being very wary of Noah. He was acting normal, but after what Kevin had told me, I couldn't help but be suspicious.

Maybe if I just stopped hanging out with them, I wouldn't have to worry about Noah stalking me.

So I stopped showing up to the library. Instead, I would wander around campus, or follow Wes around. Albeit, I only did that twice before he told me to stop following him.

I scoped out different academic clubs, but nothing seemed interesting enough. 

Someone tried to rope me into joining an a capella club, but I turned it down since it sounded stupid.

Who could possibly enjoy a bunch of nerds making weird sounds with their mouths?

One day when I was wandering, I ran into Kevin. He explained that Noah was very upset that I stopped hanging out with them. I didn't care. I didn't need someone like him to ruin my life.