I Am Lacerta Chapter 49

Start from the beginning

"I'm naturally perceptive - you'd been sitting there moments before... your hair is raven-black and your eyes the same gold... your in ravenclaw - it honestly wasn't too difficult to work out. D'you do it because my cousin was metamorphmagus?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Nah.. although Tonks did kind of influence me. See, she's obbsessed with brooms and loves flying, but I can't stand it... but I love the idea of flying with wings. So one day we're arguing about it and she says -"If you love flying with wings so much - become an animagus!". So I went to Professor McGonagall and she said she'd love to teach me - but it'd be illegal to teach me so young." 

I smirked when she said that, thinking of Sirius.

"So she agreed to teach me when I left school - so all through summer she drilled it into my head and finally I got it... I was really pleased." she said beaming. "So, what are we doing today?" she asked and I sighed.

"Well, I have to pop down to Diagon Alley for a bit, I have to show you Peter Pettigrew, I probably ought to teach you the basic spells-"

"I'm a twenty-three year old, not a first year." she scowled.

"The basic DEATH EATER spells - Crucio, Sectumsempra, Caedere... the basics.." I said, gritting my teeth.

Aoife gulped. "Caedere? Never heard of that.." she said.

"You wouldn't have - my uncle and I invented it last year.. it means "to cut" in Latin if that's any help to you.." I said darkly.

She nodded weakly, looking slightly ill, so I continued.

"Then after that you should be fine... I have to go back to Hogsmeade so..."

"What are you talking about?" she snapped.

"I live in Hogsmeade." I snapped. "I'm not going to drop everything I've earned to teach you how to not be killed-"

"That's not very responsible-"

"I'm thirteen - I'm not responsible! Besides, I've worked my butt off at this life to get where I am now-"

"It's not that hard is it - kill a few people here and there-"

"You say it like it's easy to kill people." I stated questioningly and she paused and contemplated what I'd said.

"I'm not saying it's easy to kill-"

"Good, 'cos it's not." I snapped.

"Then how're you so damn good at it?" she asked acidly.

"What do you mean by that?" I cried.

"I mean, you're thirteen - you shouldn't be able to kill.."

"And? Just because most kids my age are too weak-"

"Not hearless enough." she stated and my eyes morphed a cold and hard slate-grey, my hair blackening completely over. I was really mad now.

"You stand there, after waltzing into this world and just insult me? Do you know who the hell you are?" I roared and she flinched.

"It's hardly a different world.." she said in a weak attempt to put out the fire.

"You're wrong! You're just so wrong, Aoife O'Hara! You've just stepped in.. you don't realise it yet but you're in a different world now. But if you mess up here - you can say buh-bye to the people you care about, the people you love, 'cos if you slip up, you're left behind. I'm 13, Aoife, I'm literally sprinting through my life to keep up with the other Death Eaters and now that I'm slightly ahead - d'you just expect me to give that up? No! 

"You thought your old life was bad, your old life was unfair.. well then welcome to hell!" I screeched, my chest heaving. She shrunk back in fear as my eyes blazed a fiery red, illustrating my hell point graphically.

"I'm sorry. You're right. Please don't tell anyone I'm a... mudblood." Aoife whimpered. I rubbed my forehead angrily and sighed annoyed.

"Sure, whatever, I won't tell anyone. But let me give you this piece of advice for free: Don't. Trust. ANYONE! And I mean anyone - I don't trust my own family anymore..." I muttered angrily.

"How ARE you so good at killing?" Aoife asked curiously.

"My mother, Bellatrix, just kept right on killing while she was pregnant with me.. I think the blood spilt somehow affected me - my blood red eyes for example. It's in my blood I guess... my DNA. Or maybe it's just the mark..." I contemplated more to myself.

"Will I have to.. you know, kill anyone?" she asked repulsed, shuddering at the thought. I shook my head.

"If you ever get in a situation where you HAVE to kill, which is mostly what I do... just.. give me a heads up. I'll deal with them for you." I said, my teeth grinding together.

"Thanks. So who'd you regret killing the most?" 

"Um, probably Tatiana Rose. Although killing Kitty Low did result in me now having her sister on my back.." I shuddered and rubbed the backs of my legs subconsiously where both the Low sister's daggers had pierced. 

"Why Tatiana Rose?" she asked.

"I orphaned a child that night." I muttered.

"That is pretty low..." she murmured.

"You say that like you think I haven't realised that - it haunts my every thought.. let's just go, okay?" I asked.

"Aren't we going to eat?" Aoife asked.

"Welcome to your new life, Aoife O'Hara. D'you ever wonder why there's no fat death eaters? It's 'cos we don't eat. Seriously - since I've been marked I think I've had ten proper meals, give or take a few, and I like never sleep.. peacefully at least. And there's really no time to shower or anything." I muttered.

Aoife looked horrified. "You don't eat?"

"Well I don't morph my fat away if that's your question." I joked, but she didn't laugh. "Look we'll grab something at Diagon Alley for you, 'k?"

"OK." she nodded and grabbed my arm, apparating us away...