I Am Lacerta Chapter 43

hihi im uploading again :D thanks to a special offer from someone... don't forget to VOTE - COMMENT - TWEET - FAN and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SUPPORT I AM LACERTA IN THE WATTY AWARDS!!!!!  i don't reckon i hav any new fanners yet so on with the story..

I Am Lacerta Chapter 43

When I woke up next I saw the caretaker Argus Filch talking with Umbridge. I couldn't hear what they were saying as my ears were still ringing from blood loss and aching, but it looked to me like Umbridge was doing most of the talking and Filch was just nodding every now and then, and gazing at her adoringly.

In his right hand he held a wand - but although Umbridge failed to notice a tiny detail about this simple action I did not - he was holding the wand upside down. I shook my head to clear the thoughts of doubt in my mind - he probably just picked it up.

Eventually Umbridge left with her little pink handbag in tow, all the kittens on the walls miaowing their goodbyes, and Filch perched himself on the edge of her desk. He looked completely out of place in the pink, frilly room filled with kittens - I wish I could have taken a picture of it. 

Filch was looking at me strangely, before he noticed me looking back. He growled:

"What's your name?"

"Lacerta Lestrange." I responded automatically and his face immediately paled. I smirked at this and said, "Oh yeah, Filch - Bellatrix's daughter. Did you know her?"

"She was a fourth year the first year I taught here... " he mumbled and shivered uncontrollably.

"What's the time, then?" I asked quickly.

"Um... twenty to nine." he replied quickly. In twenty minutes I was to meet Dumbledore for my apparition lesson. How was I going to get away... 

Suddenly realisation dawned on me - had I ever seen Filch do magic? He always cleaned the floors maticulously with a mop and broom... had never really sucessfully banished Peeves the Poltergeist... used medieval methods that even muggles could use, if they were as sadistic and cruel as he was... and he was at this moment holding a wand upside down. He couldn't be a ... squib? 

I almost laughed at how easy it would be to escape. I looked up at him and saw him giving me a strange look at how quiet I had become all of a sudden. I smiled acidly and said:

"So who'd you nick that wand from, huh?"

Somehow his faced managed to pale further and he stammered out:

"W-what are y-y-you talk-talking ab-bout?"

"I see." I said smirking. "You're a squib, aren't you?"

"What?! Tha-that's ridiculous!" he said quickly.

"Then why are you holding that wand upside down?" I asked smugly, nodding with my head in the direction of his hand.

He righted his wand as discretely as he could and I said:

"Prove to me you're not a squib then."

His face twisted and contorted in anger at being told what to do and bellowed:

"I don't have to prove myself to anyone - especially not silly little girls like you!"

"That's all I needed to hear." I said solemnly as I changed into a small wasp, then morphed back to my true form again.

I looked over to see a stunned Filch, holding the wand limply in his hand. I walked towards him and he held it up in front of him, his arms shaking and shouted nervously: