Chapter four.

Going to the hospital where Charlotte had stepped in for a another Doctor/midwife was a blur.

Blake was speeding all the way, the panic in his eyes; what should have been a forty minute drive was halved. He carried me into the hospital, Rebecca had called Terri as we were heading out of the office to try and get hold of Charlotte. By the time we got to the car Terri had let us know that she is working in the hospital just outside of town.

I had zoned out after I saw the way Blake looked at me in the toilets, i felt numb, losing this baby would kill me - hell, it would kill Blake just as much.

Jayden not being clingy should've been a sign. He knew before everyone else that I was pregnant and he wouldn't leave me alone. and the fact he didn't wake up or come work with me should've been a sign. am I being punished for leaving Jayden at home for one day?

Charlotte had told Terri that she'd have a room ready for use to go straight into to do some tests on what the hell is happening to me - to out baby.

Blake didn't care where he parked, he pulled up outside the hospital doors and rushes over to my door. Picking me up bridal style and locking the door, before we even got inside Charlotte was stood there waiting.

"Blake give me your keys, let me get someone move your car." Blake doesn't hesitate to give Charlotte the car keys and she ushers us towards the room she had ready for us. Before she came in she spoke to a young man probably asking him to move the car.

She enters the room after giving the young man they keys and shuts the door.

"What's wrong with her? Is it the baby?" Blake asks with so much panic in his voice.

"Blake let me Check her over, without checking her over I don't know what is wrong, just breathe a minute." Charlotte attempts to calm Blake down.

"I'm sorry Charlotte. I've been waiting for another little one for - well since we got married and I don't want to lose Lacey. I cant go through all that again." He paces around explaining himself to Charlotte nearly breaking down in tears.

"Blake remember we've not checked her over yet, give it a chance. It could be the smallest thing ever." Charlotte explains.

I sit there emotionally drained, I cant even remember being carried in, i'm now sat in a hospital bed whilst they talk about me as if i'm not here. well i'm not, i'm in my own little world. I don't feel like me right now.

"Lacey i'm going to check you over, ultrasound first okay?" Charlotte explains and I just nod, letting her do what she wants.

The cold gel made me jump and Charlotte gives me a sympathetic smile as Blake held my hand whilst stroking my hair, a simple gesture that has always had a way of calming me down.

Charlotte starts the ultrasound with the screen facing her, making sure that we can see the screen in case something isn't right.

After a few seconds of her moving the camera around she smiles.

"Your baby is fine, you're bleeding due to stress, the baby feels it more than you. Is there anything going on to make you feel stressed more than you should be? More than normal?" Charlotte turns the screen and shoes us the bean that is growing inside of me.

"We're planning a ball and we've not even started the major planning, just the basics." Blake explains.

"Normally when I get up for work Jayden is crying and I take him with me, today he was asleep when I left the house, he has been with me all day everyday since he's known about the baby," I interrupt.

"I suggest that you do most of the planning then Blake, we can't risk this to continue, it may cause Lacey to lose the baby or even the baby to come early," Charlotte then faces me.

"Keep your feet up, don't stress yourself out, take a couple of days off of work or get an assistant to help you with all your work, take Jayden with you even if he is asleep. You can't keep stressing yourself out like this Lacey. It's not good for you or for the baby, just relax. I know sometimes you need a break from Jayden but maybe he's got a bond with the baby already and protects it even though it's not born yet, it could be a sign of separation anxiety that Jayden feels because of the baby not being with him and the baby could feel the same, lets be honest it's not a normal baby in there, they feel more. Just take Jayden everywhere you go and see if it improves, if it doesn't come back and see me." Charlotte smiled at me and I just nod.

I'm glad the baby is okay, I'm glad I'm okay. Before I could even ask Blake beat me to it.

"Can we have a few pictures?" Charlotte smiled and handed him 4 scan photos.

"I knew you'd ask so I was one step ahead." She laughed.

Charlotte gave us some space before we left, Blake hugged me from behind and showed me the scan photo, the little bean was getting bigger, soon it'll be here to play with Jayden,

"I can't wait to have another little one running around." Blake admits and I smile up to him.

"Me either, it'll be cute." I smile.