Chapter 15

Please comment and vote!!! Thanks, enjoy! ^^ <3

Chapter 15

**Now**

I walked in the corridors. Only 2 weeks left of school and then it’s the summer. I couldn’t wait, but I had to find Sam and talk to him. Why didn’t he call me? Why wasn’t he looking for me? Where is he?

“hey,” I said to a girl I took Biology with. “Do you know where Sam is?”

She made an uncertain face and said, “Sorry I don’t...oh wait, yeah I think I saw him in the library a few minutes ago, I was there to get a book for class.”

I nodded and smiled. “Thanks, Anne.”

“No problem,” she returned my smile and walked away.

I made my way over to the library, and stopped dead in my tracks. Sam and Sarah were talking. I sighed, angrily. So she’s going to try to steal my boyfriend now? Is that the payback?

I spun around and quickly walked away before they could see me. I know they were just talking but it still made me feel so...

I ran my hand through my hair and went to look for Ash.

After school I found Ash’s car in the parking lot and waited for him. I leaned against the car door, fiddling with the hem of my dress.

Someone cleared his throat and I looked up to see Ash. His piercing sapphire eyes bore into mine.

“So,” he said, leaning against the car beside me. “I should’ve tried this earlier,”

“What, try what?” I asked, frowning.

Ash laughed. “Ignoring you. Admit it, you were dying inside.”

“Well I wouldn’t say I was dying-“

“But you missed me,”  Ash grinned.

“Well-“

“But you missed me,” Ash repeated.

I smiled, giving in. “I guess I did. But just a tiny bit. Like, seriously, just a teensy-weensy little bit.”

Ash nodded. “Sure. So want to hang out?”

I opened my mouth, ready to refuse (probably used to it,) but instead I nodded and said, “Yup.”

Ash opened the passenger seat for me and I got in and he closed the door after me. Then he got in and put the key in the ignition.

“Hmm.” 

Ash glanced at me. “What?”

I looked around, smiling. “This car is pretty clean, considering you’re  a guy.”

“Don’t be sexist, guys can be tidy freaks too. Barely happens but, they can be!” Ash started the engine and we pulled out of the parking lot and into the main road.

I laughed. “I’m not sexist-“

“Yeah you are,”

“I’m not!”

“Yeah, you are. Remember when you wrote an essay about how girls are better than boys in 8th grade?” Ash objected.

“Yeah, and remember how you wrote and essay about how boys are better than girls then too?” I crossed my arms.

“I wrote that cause it’s true!”

I rolled my eyes. “I disagree, but we both failed.”

Ash chuckled. “Yeah, we had to re-write it all.”

“We failed that too,” I nodded, remembering.

Ash laughed. “We were such rebels back then.”

“Correction, you were such a rebel back then. I just followed you like a little lost puppy.”

“You were a cute little lost puppy,”

I blushed and looked out of the window.

“But speaking of rebelling...” Ash smirked smugly and removed his left hand from the steering wheel to point at an ice-cream van.

“Brings back memories.” I grinned.

“Want to-“

I knew the question before he asked. When we were kids we would always order two cones, then when the ice cream man turns around I would hide behind the van, out of sight. Then when the ice cream man would hand the two cones to Ash, Ash would object and say he only asked for one.

The ice cream man would be confused and Ash would say “You’re crazy.”

We sometimes got the ice cream cone for free, the ice cream mans way of apologising, but sometimes we would get scolded. Well, Ash would.

But we would always share the cone.

“Hell yeah!” I laughed, and Ash parked near the pavement. We got out, looked at each and smiled, then walked over to the ice-cream van.