Chapter 3

Pic of Ash on the side ====>  =))

Chapter 3

“Taylor, wake up!” Vanessa shook me by the shoulders and I pushed her away and hid under the covers.

“Go away it’s Saturday!” I moaned as I closed my eyes.

“Do you want me to tell Ash to go home then?”

My eyes snapped open.

“What? Ash is here?”

Vanessa nodded, smiling.

“Tell him to go home.”

Vanessa frowned. “I thought you guys were friends...?”

I put my pillow over my head and Vanessa, finally taking the message, left me alone. I smiled, satisfied, but I should’ve known better. Ash is stubborn, never gives up.

So when he grabbed my ankles and pulled, I shouldn’t have screamed. But I mean, come on, wouldn’t you? It could’ve been the ghost from Paranormal Activity for all I knew.

He pulled and pulled until I was falling off the bed, then he caught my waist and turned me around. I squealed and kicked him.

“Aaaah!” Ash moaned as he covered his shin, where I kicked him.

“Aaaaah!” I screamed as I grabbed my lamp and went into my if-you-come-any-closer-I-will-f*ck-you-up position. When I noticed he was still in pain and wouldn’t be hurting me anytime soon, I dropped the lamp and crossed my arms.

“Damn it. I missed.” I smiled.

“Ha-ha-ha, very funny,” Ash finally recovered and crossed his arms too.

“You’re so pathetic.” I rolled my eyes.

“Me?” Ash laughed, “Sarah told me about your little act in school.”

“What?”

“Don’t play dumb. You told her I was yours and that she was going to be sorry if she messes with me.”

My eyes widened. “What?! I never-“

“Yeah yeah, sure sure.” Ash grinned.

“But I didn’t-“

“Mm-hmm.” Ash glanced around the room.

I frowned and finally realised that he was in my room. He was a boy. I was in my PJs and I hated him. So I did what came to my mind first. I grabbed the lamp and went into my position again.

Ash started laughing, doubling up. He laughed so hysterically that I couldn’t help but smile. His dark auburn hair fell into his eyes, and he looked—

Ash snatched the lamp out of my hands and threw it onto my bed, then he turned to me again. I held my breath, scared, but he simply brushed my hair behind my ear and smiled.

“Like you could hurt me.”

I raised an eyebrow. “I just did a few minutes ago.”

Ash pursed his lips. “I was faking it.”

“No you weren’t.”

“Prove it.” Ash smirked.

“Gladly.”

And I kicked him in the crotch.

“Oh look, this time I didn’t miss.” I laughed before I closed the bathroom door and could still hear Ash groaning in pain as I brushed my teeth.

“So where do you want to go?”

I sighed. “Nowhere. At least not with you.”

“Come on Tay,”

“No, get out of my room.”

“I will if you come hang with me downtown.”

“No.”

“Please.”

No.”

“Please Tay?”

“No, and stop calling me that.” I picked up a magazine and started reading it, but Ash grabbed it out of my hands.

“What do you want me to do then?”

I narrowed my eyes. “Say pretty please in a cute baby voice.”

Ash frowned. “No, that’s not...that’s embarrassing.”

“Then I’m not going with you.”

Ash sighed. “Pretty please Taylor?”

“Okay.”

Ash grinned, hopeful. “Really?”

“Nope.” I took the magazine back and continued reading it. I smiled because I knew I was irritating Ash.

“Come on.” Ash poked me.

“Stop it.”

He poked me again, harder.

“Go away!”

He poked me again and again and again. I couldn’t take it anymore.

“Do you want me to fly-swat your ass?”

Ash leaned in, so close I could feel his breath on my face. Minty.

“Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase come downtown with me.”

I leaned away and shook my head, still a little dazed at his proximity. He leaned in closer.

“No, no, no!” I tried to push him away but failed.

“You know what I’ll do if you say no again.” Ash smiled evilly.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Try me.”

I took a deep breath and gave in.

“Fine, just move.”

Ash leaned away and I squirmed out of his reach and grabbed my jacket before I followed him out.

He walked out the door and turned to face me. I grabbed the doorknob. Ash’s smile was wiped from his face.

“Taylor, don’t you-“

“At the end of the day, reality kicks in, Ash. I would never go downtown with you. Or anywhere else. Have a good weekend” I stuck my tongue out at him before I slammed the door in his face and went back upstairs to my room.