Chapter 1

Welcome to part 2 of the Avengers trilogy! :D I have worked really hard on this story line, so I encourage you to please comment and vote. Enjoy the first chapter. :)

Pain.

Rain clinked against the walls and windows of the abandoned building as it came down from the sky. Thunder roared right above us, accompanied by a small lightning show. The storms of mid-September had been brutal, and being on the run only made it worse.

Suffering.

The small room held all seven of us. The doors creaked underneath the old couches we pushed against them. The windows threatened to shatter against the hard rain, but kept intact for the time being. Mold covered the wall in places and the yellow wallpaper flaked onto the cold, wooden floor. One little lantern lit the room and cast shadows in every direction.

Guilt.

We lost interest in the game we were playing. Nobody seemed to be enjoying it or thought it distracted them. Truth was, it was only meant to keep us together and talk for once. Since the president put out a warrant for our arrests, we fled the tower and went on the run. The government had no right to put the blame on us. We weren't going to pay for their mistake. The team already carried the guilt.

Clint and Natasha huddled together in the corner. They whispered to one another and kept each other's attention. Nat always seemed distant, her emerald eyes wandering around the room, lost in thought. Barton ran his hand up and down her leg to make her remember where she was, hoping she would maintain a conversation with him. He tried to make her laugh and be happy, but there was no use. He felt like shit, but he wanted to make her smile before he would help himself.

Hell, he looked like shit. We all did. Clint went dumpster diving for some old computer parts to give to Peter, Tony, and Bruce to make something. He ended up finding a new watch and some unopened expired food. Out of all our complaints against it, he still ate it. His short brown hair was unkept and his dark clothes were covered in stains. Natasha tried to maintain her medium length red hair and kept it clean. Her gray hoodie and jeans were the exact opposite.

Peter laid down in front of Tony and Bruce. He rubbed his hands together and blew his breath into them to keep warm. He insisted I didn't light a fire because it would smoke us all out or draw attention to the building. His green shirt ripped on the side from getting stuck on a tree branch earlier and his tan shorts helped him stay comfortable, but definitely not warm. Peter added comments here and there to Tony and Bruce's conversation.

Banner bounced ideas off of Tony. The talk of new inventions and different sciences got his blood pumping and a small spark glistened in his eye. Banner's clothes were the murkiest of them all. I couldn't tell if the color of his shirt was blue or purple. Same went with his pants, which was a tragedy, since they used to be white. His wavy brown hair started to gray because of all the stress the Hulk put on him. We always gave him extra food and leftovers in an attempt to satisfy the big guy. We did anything we could to help. Bags were visible under his brown eyes through his glasses. He surprisingly hadn't broken them yet, unlike some people...Peter accidentally dropped his glasses a few weeks ago and crushed them as we were sneaking around some trees.

Tony wrinkled his forehead in frustration and glanced down at his hands. His brown eyes traced the outline of his whitewashed jeans, his red shirt, and up to his hands, which were shaking nervously. He shook them out and whispered, "You know, I would give anything to see Pepper right now."

I wrapped my arms around myself and leaned against the wall next to Steve. My hands heated up from my powers to keep me warm. The dark jeans I had on were smeared with dirt and ripped on one knee. My camouflage shirt blended in with the grime attached to it, but it itched against my skin. We hadn't been able to get new clothes in about a week. My long, brown curly hair hung in a ponytail to keep it out of my face. I licked my lips before quietly talking to Steve, "You trust me to have your back...right?"