Chapter 3

Larry Pov
------------------

I woke up alone in bed. Didn't Natalie sleep in here last night? Wait...Wait...Wait...no. I guess not. I heard giggling and laughing.

I heard Lydia saying, "No no no...Haha! Jamie, it doesn't go there." Jamie and my brother started laughing and Lydia was now saying, "Flour fight!" I heard yelps and laughs.

Where was Natalie? I got up and went to Natalie's room. She wasn't in bed, but her bathroom light was on and the door was cracked open. I went and peeped through, not opening the door.

What I saw was heartbreaking. She was standing there with a pocket knife held to her heart saying, "You should just die Natalie. No one loves you. No one appreciates you. You will die and go to hell. Just make it quick and kill yourself. Cutting your arm won't kill you fast."

I quickly swung open the door and rushed in snatching the knife from her and closing it. Her face was tear stained and her eyes were swollen and red. Dear god, help this child.

"Natalie why? You really think killing yourself will make anything better? What about all the people that care about you. They'll miss you and you're just gonna leave?"

I heard her mumble something under her breath, and my daddy instincts kicked in. I snatched her up and looked her dead in the eye.

"What was that?"

"N...nothing." She stutters out obviously scared shitless now.

"Natalie Azure Bourgeois, what the fuck did you say?"

Tears were rolling down her face and she stayed silent. Third day here, already trying to commit suicide. And she cursed. Now she saying things under breath. Didn't think I'd have to punish her. First of all, how does a three year old know all of this!?

"Answer me!"

She stayed silent and more tears poured down her face. I was furious and more heart broken. "Natalie answer me!"

She jumped and somehow got out my grip. I caught her before she could get away. I sat on her bed and pulled her over my knee. 50 swatts.

Let me tell you, she was bawling when I was done.

She gave me a high level of sass, so I gave her a high level of, "Don't mutter shit under your goddamn breath."

"Answer me."

"I said no one would miss me! I'm unlovable. See, right now! Your mad at me and spanked me! Everything I do is wrong! Everyone hates me! Just let me go and end the pain. It hurts."

I held a firm grip on her and she squirmed trying to get away.

I was disappointed, but more angry at her mother. And especially her!

I put her down and she backed up against the wall.

"Go to the corner."

She stayed still like her feet were frozen to the ground. It was heartbreaking.

"Go!"

She flinched and scrambled to the corner. I stepped back in the bathroom and noticed blood on the floor.

I turned around to the door and noticed a long scar forming on her left arm.

I sighed as I settled back to myself and started to clean up the bathroom.

I was quiet, so the only thing you could hear was Natalie's sniffles and her fidgeting in the small corner.

I cleaned off the pocket knife and stuffed it in my back pocket. I layed on Natalie's bed putting my phone timer on 20 minutes for her time in the corner.