7) The Tutoring Student from Hell

Thank you guys for bringing this story up to 1K views!! You guys keep commenting and voting and I'll update even faster XD

XXX

Maddie shut the door to her house, noticing Mackenzie on the couch, watching TV. Once the door shut, her sister looked at her, and grinned mischievously at her.

Maddie raised an eyebrow, "What?"

"Mom got a call from your school today."

Even though Maddie was a little nervous by this new discovery, she managed to cross her arms and put on a professional poker face, "Okay...so?"

Mackenzie's grin widened, "You're in trouble." She sang in a sing-songy tone.

Just as she had said that, Maddie heard the unmistakable shout from her mother, "Madison Ziegler! Get up here immediately!"

Maddie felt like she was trying to swallow rocks down her throat as she put her backpack off to the side and walked hesitantly into the kitchen, where her mother stood with her arms crossed and a glare so strong it could wither flowers with just one look.

Well...I'm screwed. Maddie thought glumly, noticing their house phone, still grasped firmly in her hand.

"I got a call from your principal today," She started off, hanging the phone up, "And he told me that you were in a food fight!"

"Mom, I can explain." Maddie replied calmly, even though her heart was hammering in her chest. She'd honestly never seen her mother so furious before, and she was sure she wasn't going to like the outcome of all this.

Her mother stood there, glaring at her in a way that made her want to jump out of her own skin, "Well, I'm waiting. Please explain."

Maddie bit her lip, looking everywhere in the kitchen except for her mother's face, "Well...I was simply going to get some soda, when all of a sudden Gino appeared out of nowhere, teasing me and being annoying, and I just couldn't take it anymore. I snapped, and poured soda all over him," Maddie still refused to make eye-contact, "I'm sorry mom, really I am, and I regret everything I did."

"Well, I'm glad you regret your actions, but that still doesn't get you out of being grounded for three weeks."

Maddie's blue eyes widened in shock, while Mackenzie snorted loudly from the living room.

"What?!" Maddie's voice nearly rose another octave.

Her mother's eyes narrowed, "Just because the principal punished you already doesn't mean I can't. I'm very disappointed in you, Maddie."

Oh no. There it goes again. That immediate, sinking wave of guilt she got every time someone said those five words; I'm very disappointed in you. Maddie swallowed hard, her gaze locking on the ground to hide how hurt she really was. It sounded even worse coming from her own mother, and she silently made the decision that she hated these five words, more than she hated anything else on the planet.

And she vowed to never screw up like this ever again. Because starting tomorrow, she was going to pay the price.

XXX

"Will you stop doing that?!" Maddie snapped, glaring at the brown haired boy as he shot her a lazy smirk. Oh, how she wanted to wipe that smirk off his face. But instead, she balled her fists up and kept them at her sides, so they weren't tempted to connect with Gino's face.

Meanwhile, Gino lounged lazily on his bed, staring up at the ceiling while clicking his pen on and off constantly. Maddie sat at his desk, her chair angled to face him, when secretly she really wanted to throw said chair at him.