"I'll be there." I told him, practically bouncing out of my shoes.

"Hurry." He said, hanging up.

I smiled and ran my hands through my hair. I jogged back to Anna and Will and slung my book bag over my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Will asked.

"Family emergency," I spat out the first thing that came to my mind. "But I'll see you guys later tonight for movie night, right?" I smiled.

"Sure." Will said, unconvinced as Anna nodded.

I smiled at them before sprinting to the parking lot. I went into my car, and started it with a shaky hand. I sped out of the school, and towards downtown.

I was practically bouncing out of my seat. I was finally going to be a superhero. I had been dreaming of this day for years. And it was finally here.

I went way over the speed limit and took back roads to avoid traffic. I pulled into the Global News parking lot. There were cars everywhere, but no people. I rummaged in my book bag until I felt my fingers brush against a small, round object. I pulled it out, and turned it around in my hand. It was black, with a small red circle in the middle. Even though the lot was void of people, I ducked behind my car just in case.

I pressed the button, and a bright light flashed before my eyes, almost blinding me. When I regained my eye sight, which was almost immediately, the first thing I noticed was that I had on a pair of dark purple gloves.

I stood up and examined myself in the side of a white car that was parked next to me. I now had on a tight light purple long-sleeved suit, with a shortish skirt that matched the color of my gloves. I had on black boots, and my hair was now pulled up in a tight high ponytail. I had on a same dark purple domino mask with sliver linings. A silver electric bolt was on the middle of my chest.

I squealed and smiled, before turning and sprinting into the building. I rushed into the elevator, and typed in the code that my dad taught me for elevators: 412357. The doors slammed shut and it shot up like a rocket.
I put my hands on the wall, balancing my self as it came to an unsteady stop. The doors flinged open, and I sprinted onto the rocky roof, to see Brooke just standing there.

He smiled when he saw me jogging over to him.

"Where are the baddies?" I asked him confused.

"I got a message from Malum that he would be here to fight me. I also just got word that he got a sidekick, and I could handle Malum and his new sidekick by myself. There were no other superheroes who could get here in time." He shook his head.

"So you got what you finally wanted," He smiled at me. "Just try not to get yourself killed."

"I doubt that his sidekick could kill me. At least, not before I kill him."

"Just be careful."

As soon as Brooke said that, Malum and someone I'd never seen before popped out of nowhere, right in front of us.

Malum looked the same as always. Dark black hair slicked back, large in stature. The same bulky, dark green, military-like suit with tan skin peaking out from certain places. I had never seen his sidekick before. He was pale, but still muscly, with cropped blonde hair. His blue eyes were sort of visible from behind his mask. He looked about my age, maybe a bit older.

"Malum, how'd you do that?" Brooke snarled, stepping in front of me unconsciously.

"Great new sidekick I acquired, Black Disappear. He can teleport, which is really helpful." Malum smiled and Black grinned wickedly.