Part Nineteen

The salty air flowed through the open balcony door as the morning breeze and sunrise light seeped into the room. Castiel moved his body backwards, feeling the warmth in the blankets hug him, but it was missing a body. He rolled around to see the blankets were pulled down, Dean not laying there where he was the night before. Cas sat up the bed, the Metallica shirt hanging loosely on his thin body. He looked up at the opened balcony door, seeing the shirtless Dean leaning on the railing, staring out. Castiel could hear the ocean waves as he stood up.

"Dean?" Cas muttered sleepily as he walked towards the door, eyes half closed. Smiling, Dean turned around slightly, looking at Cas. "What are you doing up so early?" he muttered, rubbing his eyes. Dean pulled Cas into his arms, turning him so they were both staring out at the ocean and white sand beach, holding Cas tightly in his arms as he rested his chin on Castiel's shoulder.

"I got up hours ago...I didn't want to wake you. You looked so peaceful, and relaxed..." he whispered, burying his face into Castiel's neck.

"You could've woken me up...I wouldn't have minded." he whispered, relaxing, leaning back against Dean as he closed his eyes. Dean trailed one of his hands down Cas' side.

"I want you Cas..." Dean whispered. Castiel chuckled, rubbing the back of his head against Dean's chest.

"You can have me whenever you want, remember? I signed that contract." Cas whispered. Dean pulled his head away from Cas' neck, staring out at the ocean. After a few moments of silence, Cas opened his eyes and looked up at Dean.

"I... I actually ripped up the contract before we left." Dean whispered. Cas' brow narrowed in confusion.

"But...I thought..." Cas pulled away slightly. "Does this mean you want me to leave?" Cas asked. Dean shook his head, pulling Cas back into his arms.

"No, nothing like that...It just... Didn't feel right anymore." Dean whispered. "Cas I... I've been getting these feelings for you lately... Well, kind of for a while now." He admitted. Cas looked over his shoulder at Dean. Dean hung his head, closing his eyes. "I didn't want to honestly... After Lisa... I didn't want to fall but you can't stop that sort of thing." he continued.

"R-Really?" Cas whispered, staring up at him. Dean chuckled.

"I knew you'd leave me though, that's why I've kept it down for a while. Everyone leaves." he whispered. Cas shook his head, cupping Dean's cheeks in his hands.

"I have... At least I never thought about being with a man honestly. But... you..." Dean opened his eyes. "I don't want to leave Dean. I like it. I like you. I..." His voice faded off as he rubbed his face. "I am still tired, I haven't confessed feelings in such a long time, I sound stupid." Dean chuckled, leaning close to Cas' face as Cas smiled back. "But you get my point. I don't plan on leaving. I thought you were just using me but I..." he sighed. "I don't know Dean... You make me feel confused." he chuckled, taking a step back. Dean pulled him closer, kissing him roughly.

"Well, I know you're not confused about one thing." He bit his lip as he wrapped his arms tightly around Cas' torso, pulling him close.

"Yo faggots!" They pulled away, looking down at the beach to see a small group of people staring up at them. Cas hung his head, stepping away from the railing as Dean leaned over it.

"Piss off." He yelled back. Cas tugged on Dean's arm but he wasn't able to pull him away.

"Go inside. We don't want to see that shit." the guy yelled back. One of the girls seemed to be trying to pull him back like Cas was doing with Dean but she was failing.

"Do I look like I give a shit? You're on my god damn beach!" Dean yelled back. Cas bit his lip nervously, stepping back towards the railing, looking down at the group. It was three guys and two girls. Dean looked like he was ready to run down there, and three on one wasn't going to work in his favor, no matter how strong Dean was.

"Dean... Just leave it alone." Cas whispered, placing a hand on Dean's shoulder. Dean growled, turning to face Cas.

"He's on my property. I own fucking acres of this god damn beach. He's not going to trespass then tell me what to do." Dean growled, snatching Cas' hand and pulling it off of him. He turned back to face the man. "Get off my beach!" he yelled at the stranger.

"We were going to surf." the guy yelled back with a smirk, holding up his board. "Or are you faggots going to do something about it?" Dean let out a growl, clutching his hands into fists as he turned towards the staircase that lead to the beach. Cas followed him.

"Dean! I thought this was going to be a nice weekend!" Cas yelled, following him down the stairs. The guy in the group who was yelling at him. Dean ignored him. "Dammit Dean! Come on!" Cas yelled.

"Oh come on pretty boy if your boyfriend wants a fight I'll give it to him." He stuck his surfboard in the sand as Cas pulled on Dean's arm.

"Dean stop!" Cas growled. Dean paused for a moment, glaring at the guy before he hung his head and sighed.

"Fine." He mumbled, taking Cas' hand and allowing him to lead him back to the stairs. The guy laughed.

"Gonna let your bitch tell you what to do?" he laughed. Dean squeezed Cas's hand as he froze.

"He's just trying to get you riled up Dean. Ignore him. Let's go inside." Cas tugged on his arm. Dean stood there frozen. "Dean please..." Cas stared up at him, biting his bottom lip.

"Go on back to bed Dean-o. Your pretty boy doesn't want you getting hurt." the guy chuckled before turning around. Dean pulled his arm away from Cas and clutched his fists as he walked towards the guy.

"Dean!" Cas nearly screamed. The guy turned around, Dean greeting him by a punch to the face. The other four stood frozen, watching as the guy tried defending himself against Dean's blows. "Dean stop!" Cas screamed, stepping towards him, grabbing his arm. Dean pushed Cas back, him landing back in the sand.

"Someone call the police..." one of the girls whispered with a wavering voice. Dean kicked the guy, sending him to the ground. The other two guys hurried to his side and pulled him off of their friend, but he pushed them away. He stood there, staring down at the guy. Blood had come out of his nose and mouth, one of his eyes already swelling black and blue.

"Next time, it's best to not say shit." Dean growled, turning around. He met Cas' terrified eyes. "Fuck..." he muttered.