chapter nine

Music: Cover of Be Good by my mom aka Emily Kinney. (Officially by waxahatchee) - maybe it doesn't really fit but I love the cover also it's my mom. lol enjoy

It's been 5 days since Derek had stayed the night at my place. And also the night that we kissed.

It's Sunday today and Derek would come back to school tomorrow.

After I came back from a family thing, I stopped by Derek's house.

"Hey miss Shepherd, is Derek home?"

"Yes he is, darling. Come in, please." she smiled sweetly.

I walked in and waited for Derek in the living room. "Hi" he whispered. I was still the only person he was talking to.

"Hey" I replied and we shared a soft, quick kiss. Also noone knew that we were a thing.

"You're coming to school tomorrow, right?" I asked hopefully as we sat down on the couch. He nodded gently.

"Okay good. Chapman has been asking for you multiple times last week."

He slightly laughed and kissed my cheek. "I'm glad.. I.. I have you."

"You're adorable, you know that right?"

"Yeah... I've been t-told" he replied with a grin

"By who?"

"Hmmm... you, a-actually."

"Liar." I laughed

"Not lying."

"Lying again?"

"No." he laughed

He had sparkles in his eyes and had deep dimples in his cheeks. God, I really liked him.

"Wanna go watch the sunset? We can take our bikes and go somewhere unknown by other people at watch the sunset." i suggested

He smiled, "I w-would love to."

We found mrs. Shepherd and asked her, luckily she agreed but we had to be home at 9:30 pm.

We started riding our bikes and we found a nice spot, far away from houses and people. It would be our place from now on.

We lied in the lawn and looked at the skies getting darker.

"Do you think your mom knows?" I asked out of the blue as I played with his hand.

He looked at me. "About.. us?"

I nodded.

"I don't..don't know but she isn't.. s-stupid either." he replied honestly

"Would you mind if she knew?" I asked as I gently rubbed my nose against the flesh of his cheek. He shook his head.

"I wouldn't mind either." I replied.

He turned his face to me so we were staring into eachothers eyes now.

He leaned a bit forward and his lips touched mine sweetly. The kiss seemed to be lasting forever. His lips were so sweet and innocent. So kind and gentle.

I moved my hand to his hair and I pulled back to them rest my head in the crook of his neck.

He kissed my temple and we ended up hugging closely, leaving no space in-between our bodies.

"Derek... it's 9:23. We're late." I said as I jumped up and put my phone in my butt pocket of my jeans.

He stood up and laughed, "Calm down. We.. we'll be there in.. in a bit."

"I know." I replied calmly.

I kissed him quickly again as we grabbed our bikes and drove back to separate houses.

XXXXX

The next morning Meredith and I met at her house. I knocked at the door around 7:50. We had to be at school at 8:15 but it's already a 15 minutes walk.

"Goodmorning." She smiled giving me a quick sweet kiss on my cheek.

"Morning," I replied sweetly.

"How did you sleep?" she asked as she put on her vans and grabbed her backpack to swing it over one shoulder.

She walked out of her house and I closed the door behind her. "Good, actually." he said "what ab.. about you?"

"Good too." she replied with a smile.

We locked out pinky fingers together and walked to school, to face the first day after my suicide attempt, everybody probably heard of.

---

a/N : oh owwwww