|10|

|10| First Match Part. 3

Not long after Hoshiko scored the team's first run via an inside the park home run.

The first years were back out on the field. The third years weren't pleased with the fact that the first years scored, so a new fire was lit under their asses.

The positions remained the same, however, the outcome was less than desirable.

Four home runs were hit in this one inning alone.

Four.

The teams once newfound determination was quickly doused with doubt and hopelessness.

The next three innings happened the same way.

The first years were now loosing 14-1.

All hope was lost. They knew they weren't going to win so they lost all hope to even play.

Hoshiko was up to bat again.

She entered the left-hander's box again.

This time the third years were ready.

Although, some believed that her first at-bat was merely a fluke.

She stood at the back of the box again, so they somewhat knew what to expect, especially with that slap hit style.

The outfielders were back in their normal positions. They were ready for the ball to potentially to be hit over their heads.

In her first at-bat, they were able to gauge somewhat of what her speed was like.

However, that perception was going to completely change.

Hoshiko let the first pitch go by first. She did her running approach to throw off the fielders.

Because of this, the pitcher was kind of put off by it, he ended up throwing the ball into the dirt.

Hoshiko knew that she had gotten into the heads of the players. Now she was going to do something completely different.

As she did her running approach, she brought her bat forward to a horizontal position. The ball made contact and she bunted the ball up the first baseline.

After making contact, the girl booked it down the line.

After the field realised what she was doing, the catcher ran after the ball and picked it up.

However, by the time he was about to throw it, the girl was already safe at first.

They all looked in shock as the speed of the girl.

They had only seen Yoichi do that sort of play since he was the fastest on the team.

But this was something completely different from what they have seen.

You see, in baseball, it is entirely uncommon for a left-handed hitter to do a running start in the box.

It's only common in Softball.

While it is sometimes common for a batter to do a running bunt, it is entirely uncommon for a batter to do it as she did.

It's only common in Softball.

Although the girl got on base, there wasn't much excitement from her teams' dugout.

They lost all their spirit to cheer based on the score of the game.

She knew that what she did now, wasn't going to change much for the game.

After the field reset, Hoshiko took a couple of steps off the bag to set herself in a stealing position.