Nathan David Suggested Best Time to Visit Italy

Being a popular tourist destination, Italy offers its charm to visitors all year round. Nathan David Rabinowich has visited Italy several times and has organized many tours to Italy while he was the Executive Director of Jewish Heritage Tours. Italy offers visitors a variety of things, but there are a couple of stuff to consider before traveling to Italy. Nathan David Rabinowich provides some recommendations on when to visit Italy.

Airline Fares

The biggest chunk of money will go towards airfares, so it is advisable to travel to Italy from mid-September to March, except around Christmas time. The peak tourist season is from May to July, and if you plan to visit around this time, you can expect the airfares to be expensive. You will get better airfare and hotel deals during the months of September to March.

Seasons

With hotel and airfare rates being more affordable during the months of September to March, this seems to be the best time to travel to Italy if you are on a budget. The climate from April to October is benign, with bright sunny skies, perfect for sightseeing. However, at night it could get slightly chill, so it's best to carry a light jacket. Nathan David Rabinowich does not recommend visiting Italy during the month of August because of the heat. However, if summer is not a concern for you, by all means, you can visit Italy in August. On the other hand, many Italians take the two-week national holiday and head out of town, which means that many places will stay closed. Because of the dip in incoming tourist in the month of August, the authorities have introduced several concerts and cultural programs to be held in August, free of charge, to attract more tourists.