Chapter Five

We arrived at the hospital and Nick helped me get out of the car. He wrapped one arm around my waist to help me balance myself. We entered the hospital and a nurse quickly approached us.

"Oh my god dear!! Are you okay?" She frantically asked.

"Yeah.. Can you bring us a doctor to just check on me?" I said and smiled at her.

"Yeah sure! Just sit in the waiting room and I'll send you one." She ordered and then asked for my name.

I told her my name and the boys and I all went to the waiting room and sat on the chairs.

"Are you sure you're okay? The bruises look really bad." Chase asked concerned.

"Yes, don't worry. I'm fine!" I assured them all.

We all sat in silence for a couple of minutes until the doctor entered.

"Rachel Williams? Please follow me." He kindly said.

"Can my friends come with us?" I asked him.

"Yes, of course."

We all followed him through the hallways until he stopped in front of a white door. He opened the door and we all got inside.

"Can I please know what happened to you?" He asked me after we all sat in front of him.

This is kind of personal. I'm not going to just tell him my ex boyfriend hit me and tried to get in my pants in the mall!! This is so embarrassing...

"Your secret is safe with mine and I won't judge you!" He answered my thoughts.

"Okay" I sighed.

I took a deep breath and started talking.

"Well, I was at the mall with the boys. We were all hungry and I went to get us all Pizza. After I ordered I got out of the restaurant and bumped into my ex boyfriend. He took me to a place where there was no people walking around and he tried to kiss me but when I fought back he got angry and started to hit me." I explained hesitantly.

"I'm sorry this happened to you.." The doctor said.

"It's okay really!"

"Well, let's see your bruises." He said.

After him checking up on me I sat back on the chair and waited for him to speak.

"Okay, you're totally fine. These bruises will be visible for a long time but not much either. So nothing serious." He said. "Here take these creams and rub them on your bruises."

He gave the medications and I thanked him and we all got out of the hospital.

"Are we going back to my house?" I asked them.

"Well, you're definitely going back. You need to rest. But unfortunately I can't come over because my mom needs me to do some errands for her." Nick said.

"Yeah me too. I have to babysit my sister." Chase groaned.

"I also can't. We got invited to some dinner with old friends of my parents and I have to go" Jonah sighed.

"It's okay! I'll hang out with Niall then" I told them.

We all said our goodbyes and I got in my car with Niall following.

"You sure you can drive with this state of yours?" He asked me.

"Yeah don't worry" I answered.

I started the car and drove to my house in pain but I won't show it because I want to drive my car.