Chapter 5- Candace's House

Start from the beginning

"Finally!" Candace said as she jumped off the bed along with the four other girls.

They all took a cup and sat back down on Candace's bed. Ms. Kindler held out the last cup to Rhea.

"Oh no, sorry, I don't drink alcohol," Rhea said as she backed away.

"You sure? It's really good~"

"Can I just have water? If that's ok?" Rhea asked.

Ms. Kindler shrugged her shoulders and walked out of the room, drinking the cup of rum that was meant for Rhea. Rhea let out a sigh and turned back to the girls.

"Ok, Rhea. You can sit over there," Candace said pointing over to the wooden desk across the bed near the glass door to the balcony.

Rhea nodded and walked over to the desk placing her messenger bag on the chair. She took out her biology textbook and look towards the bed.

"S-so um... we... we should start with homework," Rhea stuttered.

"Great idea!" Candace said as she got off her bed. Candace grabbed her blue backpack and took out a folder. "Here, you can help me do all this homework."

"W-what? B-but I was supposed to only help you with biology."

"Oh right, but can you help me with the other subjects? I'm having trouble." Candace shoved the folder into Rhea's hands. "Thanks."

"B-but-"

"Oh, can you help me with mine too?" Riley said placing her homework on top of Candace's homework folder.

"Mine too," Penny chirped.

"Same here," Lisa said.

Penny and Lisa placed their homework into Rhea's arms.

"Can you do mine too?" Ellen asked, placing her homework on top of everyone else's. "Thanks." Ellen walked back to the bed and started to chat with everyone.

Rhea sighed. She didn't want to get on everyone's bad side. Somehow she knew this would happen, yet she still decided to come. She placed all the girls homework on top of the desk. She still had her own to do but she didn't have a choice. She started with Ellen's homework since it was on the top. While doing Ellen's homework, Rhea eavesdropped on the girls conversation.

"Hey, is everyone free on Saturday?" Riley asked. “‘Cause I'm having a party."

"Sweet, I'm free!" Candace said.

"You planning to invite everyone in school?" Ellen asked.

"Yep, all the popular people. I would invite the non popular kids too, but what's the use if they wouldn’t go, right?" Riley giggled.

"So true," Penny said.

"How would you know? What if they did want to go?" Rhea said without realizing. 

Everyone looked at her. Rhea had stopped moving her pencil. She froze and cursed herself.

"What are you saying? That you want to come to my party?" Riley said.

Rhea gulped, "N-no. I-I was just implying." She could feel them gazing at her.

Then the door opened. Rhea thanked God that Ms. Kindler came in.

"Sorry it took so long to get your water, Rhea," Ms. Kindler said placing the glass cup on the desk.

"Thanks."

Ms. Kindler walked out, taking everyone's empty glass with her.
Rhea let out a sigh and went back to Ellen's math homework. She hoped that everyone would go back to their conversation before she interrupted. And luckily, they did. It was like they totally forgot she was there in the room with them.