"Oh you know...." Grover began modestly, but Juniper interrupted, saying, "Oh, he's been doing really well!" She smiled fondly at Grover, kissing his cheek. He blushed and said, "I've recruited about forty more satyrs to our cause!" 

"That's great, Grover!" Percy said, cracking a genuine smile.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, something weird happened when I was out and about," Grover said, but he didn't look worried. 

"What do you mean, 'something weird'?" Percy asked instantly, unsure if he should be concerned.

"Nico di Angelo. I ran into him near China, horrible place, full of pollution-"

"What were you doing in China?" Percy exclaimed.

"It's so polluted there, so we're trying really hard to cut down on it."

"But what's up with Nico being there?"

"I don't know, but he was blushing really hard when I saw him, and when he saw me, he shadow-traveled again. It really was weird," Grover added as an afterthought. Percy smiled. He had a feeling he knew what Nico was doing in China, and it involved a certain blonde-haired son of Apollo. Percy said good-bye to Grover and Juniper and walked out of the woods. Percy wandered around again for some time, and then he saw a smiling Will talking to a very flustered Nico. Percy grinned and walked up to them. He  heard Will teasing Nico about something, and Nico laughing too hard to defend himself. 

"Boo!" Percy said loudly, seeing as how the couple hadn't noticed him. 

"Oh hey Percy," Will said, while Nico caught his breath behind him. 

"It's a lovely day isn't it, full of sunshine," Will smirked. 

"Yeah, a nice, blinding sunshine," Nico added. 

"So," Percy said, grinning mischievously, "I heard that you shadow-traveled to China a few days ago." Nico blushed furiously, trying to scowl over his smile.

"I was really surprised when Death Boy shadow-traveled," Will said, "and it kinda killed the mood, you know?" 

"Will Solace!" Nico yelled, trying and failing not to smile. "I am going to kill you!"

"Oh yeah, you and what army?" Will teased. Percy laughed at them. Nico smiled devilishly. The ground began to quake, and the basketball players a few feet away looked at the ground nervously. The first hint of skeleton appeared, and Nico said, "You're gonna be cowering before my army of-"

"Kitten skeletons?" Percy interrupted.

"What?" Nico said in disbelief as the little skeleton kittens started frisking around Will's feet.

"Aww, they're so cute! Just like you, Death Boy!" Will exclaimed, and he grabbed Nico and kissed his cheek. Percy distinctly heard one of the basketball players mutter, "Disgusting fags." Percy was furious, especially after he saw Nico's crestfallen expression. Will was trying to hold him, but he fought free and ran off. Will hurried after him, not even caring about the stupid kid and what he had said.  Percy stormed over to the kid, literally: a hurricane was forming around him as he walked. 

"What did you say?" Percy shouted at the kid's face. The kid looked terrified, and Percy felt the wrongness inside him revel in it, he grimaced and tried to force it down. The kid stuttered incomprehensibly, and Percy couldn't control it anymore.

"I suggest that you go apologize," he said, "or you'll see what I can really do." He felt his mind slip away from him, and he started to lose control of his hurricane. The kid seemed to find his voice and sneered, "I'm not talking to those sickos in a million years." Percy could hear the blood rushing in the kid's veins, and, almost against his will, he started manipulating the kid's blood. Percy had no idea that he could do this, and the darkness in his mind started to grow. He caused the blood to stop flowing to the kid's heart. His face paled while gasped, desperately needing the blood that had abandoned him. And it was Percy's fault.