f i v e

published ~> july 23 2015

finished ~> august 18 2015

~*~

after kendall had finished her swim practice, jill dropped maddie off at home on the way back.

"bye mads! see ya tomorrow." kendall said excitedly as she hopped back to her moms range rover.

"so, why did you pull me out early of camp?" kendall asked confusedly staring at her mom as she pulled into the garage.

"well, i think your father and myself should tell you." jill said putting the car in park.

"no, tell me now." kendall insisted.

"fine." jill said sighing,

"what!" kendall said louder this time staring her mother in the face.

"your father and i are getting a divorce, as of next week you will be living with me." jill said looking at kendall.

"wheres dad going?" kendall asked as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"he's going to chicago." jill said.

"okay," kendall said quietly as she got out of the car and ran up to her room.

as soon as kendall got to her room she pulled out her phone to text maddie.

kendall - guess what i just found out?

after a few minutes maddie texted back.

maddie - whattt??

kendall - parents getting divorce :(

maddie - really!? i cant believe that theu woild get a divorece

kendall laughed at maddies sucky spelling.

kendall - your spelling sucks.

maddie - ik i try my hardest :))

this is why kendall loved maddie. no matter what situation she was in, she could make her laugh.

kendall - you always make me laugh :)

maddie - i try :)

"kendall," jill screamed from downstairs

"what?" kendall screamed back putting her phone in the charger.

"come her please." jill said as kendall made her way down from the stairs.

kendall hopped off the third last step skipping the second and last.

"what do you want mom?" kendall asked opening the fridge trying to find a good snack.

"i know you're mad but don't use that attitude with me, i just wanted to know what you want for dinner." jill asked while cutting up bananas and putting them in a bowl to hand to kendall.

"tacos." kendall replied simply as she took the bowl from her mom and ran back up to her room.

kendall - hey, can i come over? its kinda rocky over here.

maddie - of course!!! your always welcome!!!

kendall sighed as she packed her bag to sleepover at maddie's.

"mom! im going to maddie's!" kendall said as she ran down the stairs.

"okay, text me when your coming home." jill said

"okay," kendall said as she closed the front door and made the forever journey which consisted of two blocks.

on the way to maddie's house kendall saw at least three piles of dog crap and a dead rat at the side of the road.

when she got to maddie's house she did her signature knock, the door swung open and a smiley maddie appeared behind the door.

"hi girl!" maddie said excitedly

"hi," kendall waved

"hi kendall!" melissa said from the kitchen.

"hi miss z." kendall said

"lets go upstairs." maddie whispered as she took off up the stairs as kendall followed.

when they got to maddie's room, kendall couldn't help but be jealous of it.

it was kendalls favourite colour walls, light purple, with light blue accents. the room had a walk in closet and a walk in dance studio that her and her sister mackenzie shared.

kendall sat down on maddie's blue duvet and played on her phone. which is what she always did at maddie's house.

"so kend? what do ya wanna do?" maddie said changing out of her dance clothes and into pyjamas, even though it was 2 in the afternoon.

"i don't know, its your house." kendall said not looking up from her phone.

maddie gave kendall a smirk and kendall knew what was happening.

"oh no, i am not doing anymore crazy stuff. i already went to that party with you and you jumped of a staircase railing." kendall said sitting up from her position.

"oh yes you are." maddie said as she shooed kendall off her bed so she could have her mattress.

"would you mind helping me?" maddie said as she threw off all the pillows from her bed.

kendall nodded as she grabbed the opposing side of the mattress and lifted it off the bed frame and out maddie's bedroom door.

the two put the mattress at the top of the stairs without making a sound.

maddie looked over at kendall, kendall sat down on the front of the mattress while maddie jumped on the back.

"three, two, one!" they said together as maddie pushed off the railing and the mattress went flying down the stair case with maddie and kendall were screaming the whole way down.

"what are you two-" melissa started but when she saw the two on maddie's mattress she just turned around not questioning the girls behaviour.

when melissa walked away maddie and kendall just started laughing.

the two pulled the mattress back up the stairs and rode it down again,

laughing every second.

a/n: this is so short and crappy i know. tbh i dont even know what the point of this story is. im just kind of writing it for fun. please vote for mr for the best paige hyland fanfiction. its being held by DMAwards 

thanks ;)

~*~

word count ~ 889