Chapter 6 - 2nd Year

Start from the beginning

It continued to the death day party, which, James found disgusting. "It was nasty!" Hermione said. Harry looked sick at the thought of it. The scene changed to Harry with the other member of the Gryffindor team heading out to practice. They were confronted by the Slytherin team and argument broke out. The word Mudblood ripped across the memory harshly from the little blonde-haired twerp. "Hermione! You just let him call you that!" Sirius exclaimed shocked. Hermione just frowns and turned away. She hated the thought of the word and hated this memory even more. James and Sirius growled at memory Draco as Ron defended Hermione. James winced as they watched Ron got blasted backwards when this wand backfired on him when he was trying to curse Malfoy. "Oh, that's awful and disgusting," Sirius said looking sick as Ron started to burp up slugs. James and Sirius watched as twelve-year-old Harry and Hermione helped Ron up and took off running towards Hagrids hut with Ron. They watched as Hagrid helped them, and they re-accounted the fight. Hagrid got angry just as James and Sirius had. He ended up cheering Hermione up.

The scene changed and showed Harry walking down a hallway on his own. James gasped when he saw the floating figure of a ghost and the figure of a boy laying underneath the ghost. "What the heck is happening you two!" James asked Harry and Hermione. They didn't answer knowing that it would ruin the point of watching the memories. Then the scene changed and it showed the quidditch match. They watched as Harry chased the snitch as a bludger chased him. "That's been tampered with, that has," James said. "Bludgers don't target a single player," Sirius said finishing James' sentence. James and Sirius visibly winced when the loud crack of the bludger hitting Harry's arm echoed in the memory. He had caught the snitch and had flown down to the ground. They watched as Lockhart came over and attempted to help Harry, which failed miserably. "Harry, why did you let that idiot help you?!" James said looking at Harry. "He insisted and I couldn't do anything about it." He said simply with a shrug of his shoulders.

They watched as the scene changed showing Harry and Ron talking to a petrified Hermione in the hospital wing. "Hermione!" Sirius said. "How?!" Hermione looked down sheepishly at her feet. "Well I had been in the Library before the quidditch match and luckily I had brought a mirror with me. I figured out what was causing the attacks and had started for the pitch to watch the game but before I knew it the monster had snuck up on me. It's just lucky that I had the Mirror, or else I could be dead." She said and Harry wrapped an arm comfortingly around her. Harry couldn't imagine what he would do without her. He would probably be dead right now if it wasn't for her.

The scene changed to when Harry, Ron and Lockhart were heading down to the chamber. They watched as Lockhart stole Ron's wand and tried to wipe Harry and Ron's memories, only to have the curse backfire and make the ceiling cave in on them. Luckily, Harry and Ron were clear of the fall, even though they got separated from each other. "That's not good. Not good at all." Hermione murmured. She hadn't been with the boys during this so it was a first for her. The four watched as Harry walked down the chamber tunnels, his wand held out in front of him. "Who's that Harry?" Sirius asks seeing the body. "Ginny!" Hermione says shocked before Harry can answer. They watch as Harry ran over to Ginny, dropping his wand beside him. "Oh, Ginny please don't be dead...." They heard, echoing around the chamber. Hermione turned on Harry. "You put your wand down!" She asked him shocked at this. "Had the past year taught you nothing?!" Now it was Harry's turn to look at the ground sheepishly. James had been about to say the same thing and was a bit surprised by Hermione. They watched in silence, well James didn't, as Harry battled the basilisk. James had been shouting advice at a twelve-year-old Harry. Finally, the other three had enough. "Dad!" Harry yelled at James, who stopped yelling. "Oh. My bad." He mumbled, embarrassed. Harry smiled at James seeing how his father had reacted to seeing the memory. "It's okay. You were just yelling a lot." They watched Harry defeated the basilisk but got one of the fangs.