Going Out With Alex

"He lives where again?" Katie pulled her eyelash curler away from her face, glaring at me in front of my bathroom mirror. We had makeup and hair products strung out along the sink counter and on top of the toilet. "Those nice fucking lofts on Harmony street! The ones I was looking into but they were seven hundred a month, like how can he afford that?" I looked at her now, my eyes big and my eyebrows raised. "Shit, seriously...how does he afford that?" she looked back at the mirror now. Her hair fell in curls around her face and her makeup was light. She had on a hot pink bra with a loose fitting black tank top and skin tight black shorts. She looked amazing, and I knew she was only dressing up so hot so she could send snaps to Rex all night and show him what he was missing for the next week. "You almost ready?" she smiled at me, opening the door to the bathroom. "Yeah, one sec." I did a light purple and grey smokey eye, my eyes popping against the purple. I was smearing dark maroon lipstick along my lips. I had on a pair of high waist black leather shorts with knee high stockings and a shimmery gold crop top, skin tight and showing my midriff. Katie and I were both in wedged heels.

     We quickly slipped into the club about thirty minutes later, the music loud and vibrating against the walls. "Drinks!" Katie pointed to the bar, taking my hand and pulling me with her just as my phone buzzed. Are you ever getting here? Excited to see you outside of your work look. I smiled at Alex's text and quickly typed something back, leaning against the bar next to Katie. Already here, come find me and bask in all my out of work glory ;) I turned around to look around the club. I tried to comb through the people on the dance floor but there were too many people to really see. "Here." Katie handed me two shots of Vodka, holding two of her own in her hands. "There you are." I could feel someone say into my ear next to me. I looked to see Alex smiling, his eyes red and a dark drink in hand. He was wearing a plain black v-neck with a pair of well fitted jeans. "Hey!" I smiled back at him, staring for a moment before remembering to introduce Katie. 

     "This is my best friend Katie!" I yelled and motioned to Katie. They shook hands, nodding to each other. "Katie!? Katie, is that you!?" someone else yelled now, a small girl with long blonde hair running over to us. "Oh my god! I haven't seen you since high school! Oh you have to come over, Kerry and Heather are here!" the girl threw her arms around Katie and I backed away a little, feeling Alex behind me. "Whose that?" he pointed to the girl and I shrugged. "Sorry Mia, they were on the swim team with me in High school, can I catch up with you guys later?" she asked being forced to disappear with the blond girl. I waved at her, laughing and turning my attention to Alex. "Double shots? My kind of girl." Alex nodded to the shots still in my hands and I laughed, shooting one back and chasing it with the other. "It's the only way to chase a good shot!" I yelled back to him, slamming the shot glasses on the bar. "I knew you would know how to party!" Alex yelled, putting his hand on the small of my back to lean over the bar and order two more shots. 

     "So tell me about this job!" I yelled to Alex. We had taken seats at the stools in front of the bar, both working on our fourth shot. "It's at a bar, and that's all I'm saying! If you want to know more come work with me Wednesday night!" he yelled back to me, winking and holding two fingers up to the bartender. "Why should I? I don't even know what I'll be doing!" I playfully shoved his shoulder. "Believe me, you'll love it!" he winked again and handed me one of the shots he ordered. We clanged them together and shot them back. "Let's go dance!" I jumped off the stool now and took his hand. "Yes!" he yelled behind me as I drug him onto the dance floor. I pulled him up the stairs and onto the stage, grabbing his hands and twirling around in front of him. He let go of my left hand and twirled me with the other, pulling me to him suddenly. I laughed as I slammed against him, one of his hands on the small of my back as the other took my right hand. He bent me back and I laughed even more, my hair flying around my face as he snapped me back to him. "Where did you learn to dance?" I yelled just as he twirled me again. He pulled me into him again, my back pressed against him. His hands moved to my waist and our hips began to move in sync. "A few of my friends showed me a long time ago." he said into my ear. 

     Alex and I danced for a long time. He spun me around pulling me away from him then into him again. It was fantastic and incredibly sexy. We were both laughing when we finally left the dance floor, heading back over to the bar. "Two more man!" Alex yelled to the bartender, both of us out of breath from dancing. "There you are!" Katie came up behind me, hugging me. "Look at you!" I laughed as she stumbled over me, laughing herself. "Let's go swimming! The girls are going swimming!" she yelled at me just as her blonde friend came bouncing over to us. "You girls are drunk." Alex smiled, holding his shot up to them. "Yes we are, and we want to go swimming!" the blond girl yelled, taking Katie and heading for the exit with the other two girls. I looked at Alex who was laughing and handing me a shot. "Guess we're going swimming." he said as we clanged our glasses together.

     Alex took my hand as we ran out of the club trying to find Katie. "There!" I laughed and pointed to Katie who was running along side the blonde girl towards the docks just a little ways from the club. "It's not really safe to go swimming at night. What about sharks!" I yelled at Alex as we chased after the girls. They were quite a ways ahead of us, running out onto the old dock on the beach. "Live a little Mia. This is a safe swimming area anyway!" Alex yelled, gripping my hand tighter as we ran down the dock after the girls. They all four jumped off the dock and into the water, screaming and laughing the entire way down. Alex and I stopped at the edge, looking down at them as their heads popped up. I could hear them yelling at each other as they swam under the dock to the beach. "Mia." Alex was still holding my hand and he squeezed it again to get me to look at him. "Yeah." I looked over at him, the smile on his face spreading to mine. "I think we should be best friends." he said and I laughed a little. "Yeah...okay." I smiled back at him and suddenly Alex jumped, taking me with him.