Chapter 1

"Oi! Petra! Wait! Please be safe!" you screamed to get your sister's attention.

~~~~~~~~~

When you were young, you and your sister, Petra, had an unbreakable bond that was as strong as a rock. Every Sunday, you'd wake up bright and early and run to the meadows to watch the sunrise with your sister, Petra. You'd talk about everything and nothing but, you felt safe. You felt a connection unlike any other except, rocks erode with time and break under incredible pressure.

"Y/n, I need to tell you what has been on my mind lately."

"You can tell me anything Petra!" you said as you laid your head on her shoulder.

I'm thinking about joining the survey corps in the future. I want you to stay with dad and take care of him. You know how lonely he's been after-- you know?"

"I understand.." You mumbled as you felt a great pressure on your chest and a knot in your throat.

The next Sunday, you went to the meadows alone as you did every following week.

As you watched your sister train to become stronger, you watched her grow distant. Years went by and the once unbreakable bond was severed after one's dream that sought the wings of freedom.

~~~~~~~~~

"Y/n. I will. Promise." Petra smiled at you. Her smile has always been so warm and sincere but, you couldn't help but feel some sort of anger in you.

She was on her horse gripping the rein tightly. She was lining up for the next expedition. She was behind this short-statured man with piercing gray eyes and dark sleek hair. A cold stare was always painted on his face. This was humanity's strongest warrior, Captain Levi.

Levi turned around to face Petra then quickly turned around. His gaze became softer for a second when he turned to see her.

"Ugh." you sighed as you walked through the crowd. You were jealous of your older sister, bond severed, or not. She always got to do what she wanted and got all the attention and recognition. She was only a couple of years older than you and was treated widely better than you, especially by your father.

You heard the bell ring. The commander positioned at the front yelled "Onward soldiers!"

Off the soldiers went and you walked away slowly to your house without turning back.

********time skip********

You were having lunch with your dad and you couldn't bring your self to take a single bite of the food. You decided you had to build up the courage to ask him.

"Dad?"

"Yes, Y/n."

"I want to join the survey corps."

"Absolutely not!"

"You allowed Petra to join! Why can't I?!"

"Your safety is first! She is older and stronger."

"Stop treating me like a little kid! I'm an adult now!"

"You will not join the survey corps! That's final!"

"I want to defend the wall! See the world!"

"No means no!"

"Ugh!"

You ran to your room and got all your belongings then put them in a book bag.

"I will not... sit here doing anything... when Shinganshina... Trost... and Wall Maria are being breached!"

You jumped out the window and landed on the ground on your feet.

"I will join the Survey Corps and earn my Wings of Freedom."

You ran through crowds of people and ran into three kids around age 15. They had a uniform, wings of Freedom. A girl with dark hair, a blond boy with blue eyes, and a boy with turquoise eyes and brown hair.

"Oh! Sorry!" You said.

"It's okay. Here let me help you up." The boy with turquoise eyes said. His eyes were filled with passion and determination.

"I'm Eren and that's Mikasa." as he pointed to the dark-haired girl.

"I'm A-Armin."

"Oh, a pleasure to meet you. I'm Y/n."

You smiled brightly.

You: So, what are you three doing.

Eren: Well we are just on our way back to the survey corps.

You: Please take me with you!

Mikasa: What.

You: I want to join the Survey Corps!

Eren: You'd have to go through rigorous training before joining.

You: Please, I'll talk to the person in charge. Also, I have nowhere else to go. I ran away since... my father didn't approve of my decision.

Eren: Alright.

Mikasa: Eren!

Armin: Are you sure this is allowed?

Eren: It's okay. I'm sure Commander Erwin will arrange something.

You: Thank you Eren!

You hugged him.

Eren: Yeah. No problem.*blushes* Well. Come on, I'll lead you to his office where you two can meet.

*******Time skip********

Eren: Go ahead. Knock. We'll wait outside.

You: Okay. Relax you got this.

*knock knock*

"Come in."

"Excuse me, Commander... Erwin?

You entered and slowly walked in.

"Hello, sir. Um... I wanted to talk to you about something. I'm sorry to disturb you."

"It's alright. It isn't proper to come unannounced. Who brought you here?"

"A boy named Eren, sir. I met him in a crowd and since he had his uniform on...I insisted on coming here. So I asked him to show me the way."

"Ah. By the look in your eye, I suppose you want to join the survey corps. Sorry to inform you but, there is a rigorous training course you have to pass to be considered." he continued arranging his desk as he spoke to you.

"I know sir but, is there any way I can speed up the process? I have nowhere else to go."

"Due to your persistent demeanor, I assume you will not take no for an answer. There is a way... you could be trained for 3 days by someone I entrust immensely."

"Thank you, sir! May I ask who?"

"Our Corporal."

"Oh gladly. What's his name?"

"You'll meet him. By the way, I didn't get your name. What was it."

Oh no. My last name. I can't lie to the commander. I will not start my stay here with a lie. I just hope that I am not associated with my sister.

"Y/n... Ral."

*******

Hello everyone! It's been a while. I will be editing these next chapters. I hope you enjoy the new changes and additional details.