Chapter 3: Monica

Chapter 3: Monica

It has been a day since the concert. A whole entire day and that photo of the boys and us girls hasn't left my hands. Not once. I still can't believe it happened. You'd think a girl in my position would be happy she met her idols.

Not me.

In fact, I am kind of in hell. I met my idols once. Only once. Now I will never see them again. They will meet other girls and even boys and I'll be insignificant. Just one fan out of millions. I mean nothing.

A part of me though, doesn't believe that I was nothing to them, well, at least to Zayn. I mean, I'm sure I'm the only fan who has ever shocked him. That had to make an impression on him. Besides, he was watching me all night. I'm almost positive he doesn't do that with other fans. That just isn't something that you would expect at a concert from a band member, at least I don't think.

I wonder if he stayed up all night thinking of me, like I did him. I mean, he made it the best day of my life and I wonder if he knows that. He probably hears that a lot, but compared to what most girls say it means so much more for me because he noticed me in person. Zayn likes to hide away. He doesn't notice people. That just isn't him.

Ugh... I am seriously killing myself over this. I know I meant something to him. To Zayn. I just had to. He probably cares about his fans a lot, but he knows he will probably never see them again so he doesn't have real meaning with them if you understand what I'm saying. I know that he didn't see me as some other fan. I just know that he didn't.

My bedroom door is knocked on causing me to groan into my pillow before my friends barge in.

"Bitch, you need to cheer the fuck up. Alex and I are worried sick." Alyssa states. I peek at them through my pillow. Alyssa is done up hoeishly, of course. She's in her booty shorts and crop too that she really shouldn't be wearing. Her black hair is short and fuzzy as per normal except for one piece of her clip on weave that she forgot to take out last night. Her makeup is done today too which is weird for her. I'm surprised I noticed cos she likes to wear a brown that matches her skin tone. Alex is in skinny jeans and a band t-shirt. Her hair is up in a bun on her head, hiding the red highlights. It only looks brown now, but it won't seem that way once the light outside hits it. She has mascara on and that's it.

"Seriously though, Monica. Why're you so sad? We met our idols yesterday! And I think they liked us!" Alex cheers. How can she be so oblivious? She is usually so intuitive.

"Get your lazy ass out of bed. We need to go shopping. We decided the boys and Abby were coming over today remember?" Alyssa reminds me causing me to groan into my pillow. I don't want anyone to come over, well maybe except Abby. She's cool and I know she needs to get away from Jared.

"Pretty please? You'll be my favorite person in the world..." Alex begs causing a faint grin to appear on my face. I'm usually more reluctant but you can't be sad around a happy Alex. Ever. Besides, I'm just waiting for her and Kaleb to finally get together. Their flintiness just doesn't work for them when they say they don't like each other that way.

“Fine...." I snap quietly not wanting to argue which is weird because I love arguing and Alex notices it. She'll probably just shrug it off though, knowing I have my reasons.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she jumps up and down throwing her fist in the air like a little kid. She can be so immature at times. I roll over onto my bed and sigh, debating what I want to wear today. I really don't want to get dressed though. This'll have to do. I sit up and tie my hair into a loose ponytail, glancing down at my very mix-matching outfit. I mean, a green tank top and blue shorts that have a white and red stripe on the sides? Nah. I slip on my black flip flops anyway, prepared to face the public.