Chapter Eight

Sensing a presence, Kaseem glanced over his shoulder, finding Robert was hovering in the doorway, papers in hand, bespectacled, frowning. "They don't add up Kaseem," he said entering the room.

"What is that Robert?"

"These facts and figures."

"What facts and figures Robert," he asked not remembering, asking him to go over anything.

"The output and the input don't match. You should've had a bigger profit, then you did." Kaseem crossed over, taking the papers from his hand and flicked through, frowning. This was the problem that had caused him to leave Lily. Something was wrong here, though, couldn't put his finger on it.

"Theses weren't the figures I were shown," he said as he studied it more closely. He never forgot a spread sheet and he hadn't seen this one before. He would've picked up the discrepancy instantly. "Where did you get these?"

"They were sitting on my desk. I thought you had put them there."

"I didn't. Thank you for bringing this to me. Now isn't it time to get ready? We don't want to peeve Lily off, with you being late."

"Oh, yes," Kaseem glanced across at the change in his voice. Excitement and there was a sparkle in his usual dark, thoughtful eyes. "We are going to see the latest Avengers movie." Kaseem smiled, because he was such a geek. "You should come." Yes. He should, however, was sure Lily wouldn't want him there. "I'm sure Lily won't mind. You never go out. You feed so much crap to the media that you want them to believe."

"Now why would you say that?" He asked curiously. How come no-one else noticed? Because people saw what they wanted to see. "And I am sure your sister wouldn't want me tagging along. I gather Charles isn't going?" Not his scene at all. He himself did enjoy a good movie, however, only went to premieres. Maybe he would take Robert to the next one, and of course, Lily would have to go to keep a close eye on her brother. who hated crowds.

Robert pushed glasses further up his nose. "Sadly, Charles isn't like you. He has no heart. Soulless after what he did to Lily." Kaseem eyes narrowed as Robert abruptly turned and left cursing himself.

"Robert," Kaseem growled, stopping him in the doorway. "Explain yourself to me. What had Charles done to Lily?"

"Nothing," he mumbled. "Please," he suddenly begged with fear in his dark eyes. "Say nothing, it's a secret and I wasn't meant to say anything. She'd never forgive me."

"Of course not," he smiled reassuring, wondering what Lily was hiding from him. Perhaps it was time to find out. He always had a bad feeling about the wedding. It had happened so fast, and there's certainly no love in that relationship. They were hardly seen together and Lily stayed at the castle. She had come to him to get Robert out of the castle and under his protection. Using the excuse of his panic attacks, because of the place itself. Now he was beginning to wonder, if that had only been an excuse to get Robert out from under Charles. Since Robert had moved in, he had lost all contact with Lily, who gave back his phone and said they were done. At first he had been so angry and thought stuff you, now he wasn't so sure.

He had known Charles for years. Yes, he could be ruthless sometimes, notorious playboy, yet he had settled for someone like Lily, who wasn't his type at all. He liked his women experienced. No matter what they shared, she wouldn't ever come  close enough dealing with Charles tastes. He shuddered at the thought of them even sharing a bed. She belonged to him and always will. "Come on, let's get you ready." For all the brilliance of his mind, Robert had no idea about social skills, how to dress, or talk in company. He really did only live in his own world, unless around his sister. She spoke Robert.