Chapter Seven

Entering behind Charles Lily edged into the entrance to have Kaseem come up to her and went behind to help her out of her coat. "Are you alright?" he whispered in her ear. She barely nodded. "You don't look alright, you look drawn and pale. Do I need to have words?"

"No," she whispered back. "Thank you Kaseem," she said louder at Charles' questioning look. Kaseem stepped back with the coat over his arm to hand over to the valet.

"Please this way," he led the way into the penthouse past the living room into a beautiful dinning room all done up for the evening. Wedgewood pure gold collection dinnerware, with matching gold trimmed Waterford Lismore crystal glassware and Gorham Strasbourg sterling silverware all on the finest white linen table cloth. A small arrangement of red roses and white calla lilies the centre piece in a matching Waterford crystal gold rimmed vase.

Kaseem pulled out a white high back solid chair to have Lily take, taken aback by the whole sight before her. It was so beautiful. "Well you certainly outdone yourself Kaseem," she smiled at him as he removed a fanned napkin to flick out and place on her knee over the red dress she wore.

"I aim to please princess. Robert you are here," he pulled out the chair at her side, "and Charles to my right, please," he waved to the other side, leaving Lily on his left beside her brother but not next to him. She was rather relieved about that to settle in the super soft chair.

Kaseem left her to take his place at the head of the table. "You look so fitting for tonight princess," he noted on her dress with its high neck gold glided appliqué neckline with smooth and fitted bodice, with a soft flare full length dress shape.

She smiled. "I do match the flowers and setting, don't I? If I didn't know better I swear you planned this." He gave her a secret smile. He had. The dress was all he had thought and more.

"I would put nothing passed this man. It wouldn't surprise me if he had you watched while you went shopping for that dress."

"I find that hard to believe since he didn't know I was going shopping or when I would be and I'm sure Kas is far too busy to worry about what I do," Lily noted annoyed.

"Far too busy," Kaseem agreed lifting his hand to have a girl enter, wearing a smart tailed black waitress out fit carrying a tray to hand around strawberry champagne cocktail with a strawberry on the rim. She eyed him over the rim of the glass then rosed in his direction before taking a sip.

He smiled watching her enjoy the taste and the way she plucked the fruit free to suck on then bit to have juice trickle down her chin. It took all his will power not to get up and see to it himself, to turn to Robert and give all his attention to him. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all thinking about desserts. He was in trouble, big trouble, so was glad when the entrée was served without a strawberry in sight. A small range of different tartlets on their entrée plates.

"What is this?" Lily asked with interest at the pastry small tart pointing to one out of three.

"Tartelettes aux champignons et au bleu," Kaseem answered her question to receive a raised brow to add, "Tartlets with mushrooms and blue cheese."

"Oh, okay prefer the fancier name." Picking up the entrée fork she cut a piece off with the side of the fork and tried some. "Nice."

"There isn't enough to feed a mouse," Robert noted picking up the delicate tart and popped into his mouth to Kaseem and Lily's amusement, however, not so Charles who dug into his with all the artistry of an aristocrat. Kaseem stabbed his and place in one go. He really did hate the snobbery.

"This one," he lifted to be on display, "is Tarts Pear and Blue better known as Tartelettes aux poires et au bleu."

"Oh, we are going French tonight." Lily went to the same one to taste that wasn't as savoury though the blue cheese was very strong in flavour.