"I thought you were straight." I squeaked out, he turned to look at me and looked me up from head to toe again.

"No, I'm not. But I don't spend enough time here for these shits to know anything about me. You're actually the only one I've opened up to actually." He looked away from me and back out the window.

The door pinged and we exited the elevator. We walked, more like I followed him, to a silver sports car. He must make a lot to have this.

"So, where are we going to eat?" I was absolutely starving and I skipped out on breakfast which only made my case worse.

"To an Italian place down the street. You'll love it, trust me." Little did he know Vic took me there already one day.

We drove and soon enough made it there. We sat at one of the tables across from each other. I don't know if he did it intentionally or by mistake but he let his knee brush against my own.

He picked up his menu and gazed at the various options. I did the same, pretending I didn't know what I wanted.

"So, Kellin. Tell me about yourself." I fiddled with the napkin I had and looked up from my menu.

"Um, there's not much to tell. I work for you, and um, I just got out of college. I'm twenty-two. And I like cats." I added that last bit. I definitely wasn't going to tell him about Carter, no way. Carter is soon going to be something of my past.

"Cats, huh?" He laughed. The waiter came and took our order.

"I'll have the chicken Alfredo." I said meekly and handed my menu to the guy.

"Same." Drew said.

"How do you know the dish is good?" He said to me.

"I don't. When in doubt go to pasta, am I right?" I said and he laughed.

"Tell me about yourself." We had about twenty minutes left.

"Well, I'm single," cue the waggle of eyebrows, "I'm twenty-five, I'm your boss, I like cats too, and I like to drink." I flinched at the mentioning of drinking. I like drinking too, I really don't have a problem with people who do. It's just that I couldn't help but let my mind go back to that dark time I was in.

I could still hear the bottles crashing to the ground and splitting into thousands of shards. I can still smell the nasty liquor off his breath and the vile on his chin. It was disgusting and horrible.

"Kellin?" Drew called me. Our food was placed in front of us now, along with our drinks. We went with water.

"Oh, sorry. I just thought about something." I shrugged it off.

"It's okay, that happens to me a lot too. Anyways, I was wondering if we could do this again, except not during work. Like, maybe after work?" He twiddled with his fork as I stabbed my chicken, not liking the direction of this conversation.

My grip on my fork was like iron. I didn't want to accept because of Vic but I couldn't let him know we were dating. My mouth worked faster than my mind as I sputtered out 'sure'.

In that same moment I wanted to face plant into my pasta. I'm so screwed.

We were eating and I was halfway through with my dish when I noticed I only had five minutes to get back to work.

I wiped my mouth and looked at Drew. His hair fell onto his face as his eyes looked into mine. His leg brushed mine again, and I swear it was on purpose this time.

"I have to get back to work." My words came out quick and slightly jumbled. I shuddered as his leg wouldn't get away from mine. He thought I liked it though and brushed it again.