Chapter Twø

I circled my opponent, sweat dripping down the side of my face. My breathing was heavy and my guard was held up. My shoes scuffed the ground as I dodged a hit he threw at me. I ducked swiftly, and made two fast jabs to his stomach causing him to scoot back to regain his breath. I dropped my guard for a split second and received a powerful blow to the side of my head, ringing evident in how powerful the blow really was. I shook off the feeling and anger coursed through me.

I stood back up to my full height and advanced towards him. The crowd was cheering and music was blasting. People were shouting words of encouragement, other people were shouting profanities. Sweat drizzled down the side of my face, making my hair stick to my forehead and the sides of my cheeks.

The air felt humid, and hot. Much too stuffy for my liking. My opponent advanced towards me once more and I hit him with one quick straight jab, which caused his mouth piece to fly out. I hit him repeatedly in the face, throwing punch after punch. I didn't stop, but it could cause me to throw the fight. But after all it is called dirty fighting for a reason, right? There was a dull ache in my arms now, it simply fueled me more though.

The referee blew his whistle and pulled me away from the guy who's name I hadn't bothered to learn. If I would've done just a few more hits he would've been out. The bell rang and we went to our separate corners, mine being red.

Across from me he sat, left eye swollen and bruised, lip busted and out of breath. My team came up to me and wiped the sweat from my forehead then they gave me water. It felt refreshing as the cool drink ran down my throat.

The guy eyed up the girl who does the round change. Hoots and hollers were heard, as well as whistling. I could see her frown, the corners of her mouth turning downwards. But she soon replaced it with a fake smile, hiding whatever dislike she had since this was her job.

"Viccy! You been listenin' to me, I've been talkin' to ya!" My coach's voice rang in my ears. They placed a cool rag on my lip to stop the blood from coming out of my lip, apparently it was busted as well. "Here's the game plan, you're gonna play with him for a little bit," I wanted to smirk at his choice of words but stopped myself because he's all seriousness when it comes to fights.

"Then, you're gonna hit his gut when he's caught off guard, attacking him with your fist." He made the little gestures and our time was almost up. "When he least expects it, full jabs to his face and one quick hit to the side." At that moment the bell rang and we were pushed out of our seats and into the arena.

The guy was looking at me with a vicious smirk, canines and all. In my eyes he was no match for me. He wouldn't beat me, everyone knew that. So the fools that bet he would would regret it later. Or more like in the next few minutes, maybe even seconds.

He had a nice body build but his face was what ruined it. He was sickly pale, not the attractive pale, he was the kind of pale where when your mad different splotches of red appear in different areas. He had a small, tiny nose and eyes as wide as saucers. They were a murky gray, revealing nothing but hate. They were clouded with anger and confusion. Then we move onto his hair, it was dirty blonde. Stiff and short, cut into a buzz cut. He looked like some sort of angry child who got lost and never found his way.

I took the time to notice this when he was in my face, struggling with trying to keep up with me. I was light on my feet and quick on my toes. I am classified as light weight, yet they have me fighting middle weight. I didn't mind though, the fights were riveting, and supplied me with a gust of engery and adrenaline I haven't had in a long time.

It felt fresh, every new fight, every new opponent. And the fear of being caught doing these fights added to the amount of excitement I felt. It was like a game of chance.