15

"I didn't know...so I hope you like it," I rush, handing Rosalie a small box with a bow wrapped around it. Her body is dressed in a grey long-sleeved dress, my eyes adoring the sight of how beautiful she is. The two of us wandered away from our families to be together, wanting to exchange gifts in private.

"I will love it no matter what," she grins, my cheeks blushing. Her fingers untie the bow and she opens the box, smiling upon seeing the locket inside.

"Harry, it's beautiful," she smiles, removing the locket from the confines.

"I-I put a picture in it," I tell her, moving to open the lock. A picture of the two of us sits inside and her smile widens, my arms wrapping around her.

"Thank you so much. I love it," she grins, moving back as I place it around her neck.

"It's so you can have us close to your heart," I whisper, bringing my fingers up to her chest to where the locket falls. It lands right where her heart is and I couldn't have thought of better placement.

"Aw, Harry it's perfect," she smiles, grabbing my cheek and kissing me.

"Now, for you," she grins, my heart pounding as she retrieves a small box. It's placed in my hand and I open it, a chain inside with a cross pendent on it.

"It was my grandfather's, Nan's husband. We were very close and before he passed away, he gave me this and told me to give it to the strongest man in my life," she whispers, grabbing the chain and clasping it around my neck.

What did I do to deserve this? How could I possibly be the strongest man in her life? By the look in her eyes, she means it. Rosalie has given me her world and I have given her mine, to which she has accepted into her own. There is so much wrong with me, yet she still proves to me that she's mine and that she'll be there for me.

"You're so strong and I know that nothing will break us apart," she assures me, my head nodding. I wrap my arms around her and hold her close to me, loving every minute I have with her until she has to go.

We walk back downstairs and eat dinner, my hand holding Rosalie's under the table. Gemma and her fiancé Brad are here and I find myself completely uncomfortable with her presence. She's mean and doesn't think of me as a regular person just because of the anxiety I obtain.

"Harry, have you found a job yet?" Brad asks, my head shaking.

"There is a position at the country club if you'd like one," he suggests, my eyes looking at him. Rosalie tightens her hand on mine.

Brad is the co-owner of a country club in Long Island. He is rich beyond belief and I hate the way he treats me because I feel like a child in his eyes.

"What is it?" I ask, my mum clearly shocked I've taken interest.

"We need maintenance worker. It's very easy and the pay will be very nice for you," he says, my head nodding.

"Sure," I say, his lips curving.

"Harry, I'm so proud of you," mum smiles, my head nodding. I don't really care what my family thinks of employment; I care what Rosalie thinks.

"That should be a nice way to get into things," Robin says, my head turning to look at Rosalie.

"Is that okay?" I ask, her, Gemma immediately piping in.

"Who cares what she thinks? You do what you want," she says, Rosalie frowning.

"I care what she thinks," I say, her lips releasing a sigh.

"I'm fine with it, Harry. As long as you're comfortable," Rosalie says, kissing my cheek.

I nod and mum immediately scolds Gemma, my head turning to look at Rosalie. She leans up and presses her lips to my ear to talk.