Thirty Nine: Rebellion

Beginne am Anfang

The girls were so into their conversation that they hadn't noticed Justin approach them. He kissed Skylar's cheek.

"Oh my gosh!" Skylar nearly jumped out of her seat from being startled.

"I'm not that bad of a kisser." Justin smiled.

"You're not a bad kisser at all. You just caught me off guard."

"Hi, Justin." Romeo said.

"Hi, Romeo." Justin said. "Are you two busy? I need five minutes with Skylar."

"Oh, no. We were done talking. I need to run off and get my school work started." Romeo smiled and got up.

"I'll talk to you tonight, Romeo." Skylar smiled.

"Alright. See you later, love birds."

"Tell Xavier I said hi." Skylar teased.

Romeo blushed and hurried out of the coffee shop.

Justin took a seat in Romeo's chair.

"What happened between them?" He asked.

"You should wait for Xavier to tell you. I am not snitching on my friend."

"Not even to your boyfriend?" Justin smiled.

"Funny you should say that, Bieber. You took me on one date and never asked me to be your girlfriend."

"Funny YOU should say that, Miller." He got Elizabeth's invitation out of his jacket's pocket. "I'd like to officially ask you to come with me to Elizabeth's birthday celebration and to be my girlfriend."

Skylar smiled and took the invitation to read.

"1950s." She said. "According to this, you and I can't be a thing. We'll get in trouble with the law." She joked. "I might get burned to death and you might get fined."

"I'll make sure they don't find out then." Justin played along. "And if they do, I'll come up with a good lie to keep you safe."

"Aren't you sweet."

"I know, I know."

"I'll go with you to the party... but you gotta be slicker to get me to be your girlfriend."

"I'll give you 'slick', Skylar. You just wait."

"I'm waiting."

"I thought you liked me though." Justin pouted.

"I do like you. I just realised today after talking to Romeo that you never asked me to be your girl." Skylar pinched Justin's cheeks.

"Romeo's a bad influence. I thought I had it easy."

Skylar scoffed.

"You're lucky I'm one of the sensible black girls. You picked up some black girl name Shaniqua, you'd be dying from being abused."

"That's a real name?"

Skylar laughed and shook her head.

"You're so clueless, it's cute." She said.

Justin chuckled.

"Justin, are you sure you can take me? You said your dad already got you a date." Skylar looked at the invitation again.

She really wanted to go. She'd never been to a themed party before and the theme was quite exciting. She could already imagine how the venue would be set up, especially since Justin's family was financially on track.

"My step mom said I could take you. Doesn't matter what my dad said. I want you to be my partner, Sky." Justin said.

"Well... it IS a pretty invitation." Skylar tried not to smile, "And it's a themed party. I like themed parties."