Chapter 1 ; A night Downtown

Adriana's POV

"Mom I'm going to go out in a few minutes with Nia " I tell my mom hoping she won't be mad because I did just get back from England .

"To where" she asks

"Just downtown" I say honestly . I haven't seen Nia in like 4 months because that was the last time I came to visit and I just really wanted to hangout since I'm back.

"Fine but call me for anything and please be careful , it can get dangerous late at night "

"Yes mom , I love you bye" I say giving he a kiss on the cheek and making my way out the door but I soon realize I forgot my phone so I go to my room to go get it . When I'm about to leave I see the news is on .

" Gang member Roberto Martinez was found dead on Roxyberry Lane. Investigators say his killer was most likely from rival gang Ravens . Ravens and Nocturnals have been rival gangs for many years now and the suspects seem to be ; Peter Laning , Jackson Bing , Jason Mccan , and Andrew Rojas . "

I went to high school with Jason Mccan . We never got along. He always had something against me , I never figured out what it was. Wow never thought he would be in this type of trouble .

It's 7:03 and I text Nia that I'm on my way to Angie's Donuts . We always went there when we were younger and they did have amazing donuts . She texts back saying * okay see you in 5 * .

I get there and wait till I see her in the parking lot so we can go in together. I finally see her and run up to her and give her a huge hug .

"ADRIANA YOU ARE KILLING ME LET ME DOWN " Nia says

"Sorry I really missed you " I say laughing and let her down .

We go into the donut shop I just get normal glazed and of course Nia has to get a chocolate donut with extra sprinkles .

We eat quickly and just start walking because we are already in downtown so I leave my car here . Nia takes a bunch of pictures of course . I always thought she should be a photographer or a model . She was great at being in front and behind the lens . She has light brown hair with gorgeous green eyes and fair skin . I have dark brown hair and big brown eyes and I'm pretty tan I guess . I look alot like my mother now that I think of it .

Nia says she had to go talk to her friend that works at a store and she'll be right back so I just sit on a bench and scroll through Instagram . She said it'll only be 5 minutes but its been 15 so I go back to store she said she was going to and on my way

"Hey watch where your going " I say angrily as someone bumps into me .

"Who do you think your talking too" someone pulls me back and I'm soon met with beautiful hazel eyes .

" You who else idiot " I say slightly intimidated by the attractive male in front of me

I can tell he wasn't used to be talked to like this but I didn't really care .

I see him get more angry but then he gets a smirk on his face and says " do you know who I am ? "

" No and I don't really care " I say being really serious

I see one of his friends start laughing which brings a smile to my face .

" I know who you are Adriana " he says which makes me get a puzzled face

Then realization starts to hit me and I recognize his face he's Jason Mccan . Wow life really does hate me .