Mr. Cowboy's Kinda Bad- Chapter 10 (Third World Problems... )

Start from the beginning

My heart really jumped when I saw Tatum standing there. To my surprise, he was just as taken aback as I was. "Tatum! What are you doing here!?" I hissed, corralling him onto the balcony, sliding the door closed.

"I've been trying to get a hold of you all week but you won't answer."

I gritted my teeth. Instead of actually talking to me in person, face to face, like a normal person, he decided to text me. I looked a him with hurt and anger in my eyes. He feels the need to barge into my room, and wake me up at obscene hours, not to mention all the numerous illegal things, so clearly he likes being around me but yet he's embarrassed.

When two worlds collide, it doesn't work.

I get that...

"You can't talk to me in school?"

Tatum looked at me with a blank expression on his face. Gotcha.

"I- I -no- I-"

"Just save it and leave." I spat, pointing to his truck parked down the road. I gave him a harsh glare and turned my back grabbing the glass door. Tatum grabbed my wrist and twirled me around so I would look at him.

"What happened?" He actually sounded concerned.

"You." I spat. "I got grounded because I was stupid enough to actually skip school to go steel a car with you! And you can't just show up whenever you feel!"

"Look I'm sorry but-"

I cut him off. I'm not sure what I was more mad about, the fact that he was embarrassed by me or the fact that I got grounded because of my stupid self listening to him. "Tatum, just go home. Besides, I have a celebratory dinner with my parents, Daniel, and his friend."

"Why do a dinner five days later?"

"My parents can't take time out of their schedule for me." He looked at me glumly, "Just please go. Before my parents barge in."

I turned back around and opened my door, stepping inside my bedroom. I felt bad closing the door on him but it had to be done...

Boys are so... complicated...

The door bell of our house rang downstairs and so I jumped off of my bed and ran down the stairs with lightning speed. This is one of the few opportunities that I can come out of my bedroom. I opened the door only to be shocked at who stood their...

After the initial shock wore off of his face, he smirked, "Addison, nice to see you again."

My brother practically pushed me out of the door way, "Hey RJ, come on in."

RJ... He is my brothers friend? You have got to be kidding me...What if RJ tells my parents about Tatum and I!?

This is bad... very bad...

"Excuse me for asking but how do you know my sister?" Daniel asked in a protective tone.

RJ smiled at me and then looked at Daniel, "Oh, I just met her the other day in town."

I mentally had a sigh of relief. Maybe he won't say anything...

My parents then walked into the living room and smiled, "Welcome!" my mother greeted, "I'm Shay and this is Bradley." my father waved and I internally laughed at how ridiculous they were. Impressing people is not their forte...

RJ shook both of their hands, "Nice to meet you guys. I brought some homemade sweet tea for dinner."

I interanally laughed again. Clearly RJ wasn't one to impress either.