Chapter 1

My name is Skylar Phoenix and I'm 20 years old. I'm tanned with brown hair and blue eyes. I just finished college but it's hard to find a job as a nurse plus I have depts to pay. That all I have to say because that's pretty much all my information.

Well here I am at a drug store for pregnancy tests. I'm sure I'm pregnant but I just want to make sure. I have no family the only I have left won't even talk to me. They think just because I'm poor they shouldn't talk to me, I mean they were the ones who took my parents inheritance away from me when they died. I have no friends either so I'm pretty sure by myself except if I'm pregnant.

After paying for the tests I went to my run down apartment.

"Oh god help me through this."I murmured to myself. I take the tests and wait 5 minutes.

* 5 minutes later *

"Well it looks like it's just you and me buddy."

I know whose the father but he won't talk to me. When we slept together it was a mistake, we were drunk, but for sure the baby won't be one it wasn't his/her fault.

As of tomorrow I'm going to go find a double job if I want provide the baby and me the necessary things we need. I want my baby to have what it needs even though I won't be able to give it all it needs.

* Next Morning*

" Hi I saw a sign saying help wanted and was wondering if you still needed the help."I asked. I was currently at a nice bakery.

"Sure, honey I'm the owner with my husband. As you can see we're the only two and we're not young to do all the work by ourselves. If you want the job you got it if you want you can start today or tomorrow."the elderly woman said.

" Thank you so much I can start today to know the ropes of this job."I said excitedly.

"Okay but first let me introduce myself my name is Rose and my husband's name is Harry."Rose said smiling.

"My name is Skylar."

After introductions Rose started to tell me the ropes of the job. It was easy I got the hang of it fast, Rose and Harry were really nice people.

"Goodnight Rose and Harry see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight dear have a safe walk home got to be safe for the baby and yourself." Yes, I told Rose I was pregnant, I told her because she has this vibe that you can tell her anything and she won't judge you.

I got to my apartment and got ready to sleep hoping everything goes well on my new job.

Don't forget to Comment, Like, and Follow me if you want but I'll appreciate it