DOFT 2

Thursday, May 30th, 10:50 AM

I woke up again this morning. This is starting to become a bad habit. No school for me today. Holidays, aren't they just wonderful? I had planned on sleeping in today. As you can tell, that didn't happen. I woke to screaming and yelling. Apparently, my sister snuck out some time last night and returned this morning. Of course, my parents demanded to know where she was, and, of course, she refused to tell them. I could've just gone back to sleep but, in this house, if you want to get out of trouble, you only have to mention one thing: my name. Ten minutes into the argument, I heard my mother screaming for me to come downstairs.

Apparently, my darling twin sister, Zoe, told our parents that she only snuck out because she was doing me a favor, like my sister would ever do anything for me. Maybe kick me when I'm down, throw sand in my eyes, but she'd never help me. Yet, they believed her. Zoe told them that I asked her to meet this guy who I met online and tell him that I was sick and couldn't make it. After she was done telling him, she missed her bus. Of course, she didn't have any money and her phone died; so, she couldn't call. Doesn't that just sound like total BS? First of all, my sister would never meet a guy for me. Second, she always carries money on her. Lastly, Zoe's cell phone is always charged. Given all of this, how could my parents buy any of this?

It's unfair how they believe everything that comes out of her mouth. A long time ago, I would have argued that Zoe was lying. I've since realized that if my parents aren't going to believe me anyway; why waste the energy it takes to explain? So, I just sat there and pretended to listen to how I endangered my sister by asking her to do that, on and on and on. I sat there for 30 minutes as my parents yelled at me. I really hate them sometimes. I've never done anything bad my entire life; yet, they always believe the worst about me. Can you see why I want to die? There's no one in my entire family who would miss me. Why are they forcing me to live when it's so hard for me to do so? Just let me die. Please. 

***