Hear My Heart Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Cody’s POV

I pressed my face at the tinted glass of the window, hoping to see if there was anybody home. “Lexie?” I called again. And like earlier, I didn’t receive any response.

I felt frustrated. I have gone everywhere and anywhere just to find that stupid girl. This wasn’t an easy task for someone like Cody Montomery. I had tons of things to do. I was one of the country’s hottest movie stars, and right there and then, I was trying to force myself into the mission of trying to find my best friend for the past twenty years of my life.

My blood started to boil when I felt the effect of the overnight non-stop shooting I went to last night. If it wasn’t for Teddy, I would never care about her step child’s problem. She was one of the very few people who could tell me what to do.

“Teddy, I’m sure she’s fine. Lexie is a big girl. She can take care of herself. Maybe she’s just taking off some steam,” I remembered myself telling the older woman over the phone a few hours ago.

Truth is, I was also worried about her. She’s been gone for days now and hasn’t been answering her phone. That was what got me into this mess in the first place.

It was amazing, really. When I think long and hard about it, how we managed to stay friends for such a long time. We were almost the exact opposite of each other. Alex was Ms. Prim and Proper while I was the liberated type.

I had the keys to her unit. I thought I would never get the chance to use it. After all, she only gave me a spare just so I could look over her things whenever she went abroad, or to pick up Charlie, my best friend’s golden retriever.

“What’s this for?” I asked when she gave me the key.

“Just in case you’re trying to evade the paparazzi.”

“You’re sure it’s okay to crash?” I liked her unit. It was conveniently located near the shopping district, and was very spacious. Plus, the fact that she was spick and span when it came to her pad. I didn’t even know how to cook or do laundry or iron.

“Uh-huh, of course there is another reason.”

I could hear a punch line in the end. That was always her style, she would wait for me to ask it out of her. “And what could that be?”

“Just in case you change your mind and fall for me,” she said with a smile.