"I don't love you either," I mumbled to myself as if I was talking to him. "I hate you,"

I walked up to the doors and got searched. When I got pass the guards, I went straight to class.

August looked up when I walked in.

"I know you don't like me, but I just gotta know. You okay?"

I looked at him. "I'm fine. Thanks for asking,"

He stared at me and sighed before looking away.

I looked up and Chantelle was standing in the front of the classroom, staring a hole into my face. I avoided eye contact with her. I didn't want any problems with her today.

Chantelle walked over. She gave me a dirty look before kissing August. "Hey baby," she smiled.

"Hey baybeh," he said after kissing her back. "You good?"

"I just came to say hi because I didn't see you this morning,"

"I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up. I didn't know I was gon' have ta take my nieces ta practice,"

"It's okay. Are we still hanging out today?"

"Dang," he sighed. "I promised da girls I'd go ta their game today. Tomorrow?"

"I'm busy tomorrow. It's fine. Just forget it," she stood.

"Wait wait," he pulled her back. "Don't act like dat,"

"I'm gonna be late for class," she shook him off and walked off. She looked at me again, glaring, before she left the class.

"So dramatic," August mumbled then shrugged. "I tried,"

She was definitely dramatic... And annoying.

"Hello class," Mr. Jones said. "Sorry I'm late. Shall we began?"

Class went on and I couldn't wait for the bell to ring. One class down. Five to go.

I walked onto my next class. I honestly was excited to see Mr. Togel today. I know it's weird to think about your teachers like this, but I did. I had a very small crush on him.

He seemed like he cared about me and it meant something to me. His goal is always to make me smile before I leave his class. He hasn't gotten a smile out of me yet, but I felt like he would soon. It was something about him.

Why am I thinking about my teacher like this? That's weird.

When it finally got to third hour, I was sort of nervous for some reason.

"Hello Esined," Mr. Togel greeted me with a smile. "How are you this morning?"

"I'm okay. How are you?" I asked.

"I'll be good if I get a smile out of you today,"

"I'm not sure if that's gonna happen,"

"Why not?"

"I don't know. I don't like smiling,"

"I'm sure your smile is pretty,"

"Not really,"

"You want to help me pass back papers before the whole class gets here?"

"Sure,"

Mr. Togel split the papers between us and I honestly didn't know most of these people. I didn't know who's desk was who's.

"Maybe I shouldn't help. I don't know who anyone is or where they sit,"

"You haven't been speaking to anyone?"