23 - 'Shield Me'

Começar do início

"That could be about that wolf" Sky whispered a little breathlessly. She was right, damn how could I forget about that so quickly. I'm a f*cking alpha for goodness sake! I should be there right now, wherever they are and protecting my pack, not making out with my mate!... Although it was absolutely amazing. Damn you, Klaus concentrate!

"Hello," I asked realizing I was a little breathless myself.

"Klaus, where the F*ck are you get her NOW!" My father's voice bellowed down the receiver. Deafen me why don't you!

"What's happened, where are you?" I asked feeling my heart race, what was going on... Did the wolf get anyone? Is my pack hurt? Is my pack in danger of attack?

"There's been an incident. You need to get to the hospital as soon as you can" His voice wasn't shouting anymore just indifferent, which had the adrenaline searing through my body and without an explanation he hung up, just like that. I stared at the phone for a second before I switched to alpha mode.

"Get dressed" I ordered sternly to Sky as I chucked her a pair of boxers and grabbed my jumper, which I knew would be oversized for her, but I didn't think any of my bottoms would have fitted her. The jumper should just about be able to cover up the boxers. She didn't hesitate to pull them on; I guess she could see the seriousness of my expressions.

"What's happened? Where are we going!" She gasped for breath as I took hold of her wrist and practically dragged her to the front door, in a run.

"And wait you expect me to go out like this!" she frowned, and I scanned her before opening the passenger door and shoved her in.

"It covers your ass, so it's going to have to do" I growled, jumping across the hood and into the driver's side.

Sky's POV

The outside was flashing across the windscreen at such speed; the streetlights were creating an almost constant stream of light. I didn't know what to say, so I sat there, as the tense atmosphere seemed to increase until Klaus slammed his hands against the steering while a vicious growl escaping his chest causing me to flinch in my seat.

"K...Klaus?" I whispered, looking at his hard expression, as he glared towards the road his hands clenching around the wheel.

"I should have been there!" he snapped.

"Its okay" I whispered as I hesitantly ran my fingers along his forearm before placing my hand over his clenched knuckles and feeling as he relaxed slightly under my touch.

"I...I what if someone got hu..."

"Shhh" I murmured leaning my head to his shoulder.

No other words were shared as we drove the rest of the journey to the town's hospital, but no words needed to be shared. The tense atmosphere had disappeared, leaving an airy silence, almost like the calm before the storm. My happy mood from earlier completely gone leaving room for a million butterflies to infest my stomach and rattle my insides, but not in a good way. Something tells me that this is bad, very bad.

The hospital itself was a small building, not like the huge ones I saw at home in England, this was more of a... Could I say small town hospital? I pulled my hand slightly out of his firm grasp as we neared the main entrance, already seeing the crowd of people inside the reception. He glanced at me and growled taking my hand back in his.

"K...Klaus" I whispered stopping. We can't do this now. I can't do this now, I don't want people to find out about us not with all this going on. "It's not the right time."

He looked down frowning, "Mine" he growled slightly possessively causing me to bite my lips as my tummy did little flips. "I need you right now angel." He whispered pulling me to his chest and pressing his lips to my forehead.