Chapter 2: Girls Oh Girls

Prem's POV
This was ridiculous.

I mean come on, how could the airline make a mistake like this? I was going to go and complain to one of the air hostesses, but the girl who shared the same boarding pass as me just told me to sit next to her. It was the same girl who called me a "piece of filth" earlier. 

Great.

Damn I didn't even bother asking what her name was before, but fate had once again brought us together. Quickly nodding my head I sit next to her, the airplane already had all the passengers on board and no one was sitting next to her, might as well be me. 

That was actually pretty smart of her. She probably knew that I would try to argue or make another smart remark based on previous experience.
I felt bad for earlier and when I tried to apologize the first time, she ended up choking. Just my luck.

Sighing to myself I think, "I just want to reach New York as soon as possible".

See, I was going to New York to pursue my career as the CEO of my dad's company. My dad believed that I was old enough to take over his company for him. I agreed as I thought it would be easy for me. My dad can be my mentor and well...I can be the boss.

It was a win- win situation. Or at least I thought it was.

I quickly learned that the job was definitely not as easy as I thought it would be. But, as I had taken up his offer I couldn't back down from it. Just one of the downhills of having a big ego.

And yes, I am willing to admit the fact that I have a big ego.

That brings me to the present where I am now stuck on an airline for the next 13 hours.

I can sense that we are getting ready for takeoff so I take out my phone and send a quick text to Aisha-my girlfriend. Aisha is just like me, which I figure for love doesn't work out because opposites attract. Yet, I am her boyfriend because she was the only one there for me when I went through one of the hardest times in my life, she was there for everything. She is my everything.

Hey baby, I'm about to take off. Love you :)

Almost immediately I get a response back- 

Okay babe, lemme know when u reach and make sure you're not sitting next to any hot girls LOL <3

I look around me, " Nope no hot girls here especially not the one sitting next to me", I think briefly to myself. 

I smirk and break out of my train of thought when I hear the captain speak.

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! Today we will be going to New York and be landing there at approximately..well tomorrow. Headphones and blankets will be passed around soon and please buckle your seat belts as we are ready for takeoff. Enjoy your flight" he announced in a very soothing voice.

After he ended his mini speech I glance over to my right to see who I would be sitting with.

In the seat farthest from the window was the girl who had bumped into me earlier and next to her was an aunty. The aunty was already asleep so she wouldn't be a problem. Thank god, some aunties can get real annoying and nosy, something I'm not in the mood to deal with right now. 

But the girl was probably going to be a whole other story.

I decided that since I would be sitting next to her for the next 13 hours I should start up conversation and break the ice. I started with the basic "Hey! Whats your name?"