Reality

A/N: SURPRISE MY LOVELIES! I wasn't gonna upload this for at least another week, but it's literally all I have been thinking about over the last couple of days, so here it is...THE SEQUEL TO PERFECT. As for Disorientation, I'll still be updating that. But I couldn't focus really well on it because I was so excited to upload this. Also, we're jumping right back in to slamming our heads against the wall with Mitch. And kind of a depressing first chapter omg sorry. Only KIND OF ok, so calm down right now. So. Here. We. Go.

Chapter 1

I can't imagine how boring my senior year would've been if I had kept my schedule. Albeit, my senior year wasn't over, so far, it was the best year of high school.

People finally stopped making fun of me, for the most part. I mean yeah, I still got the occasional "know-it-all" and "you talk too much, please shut up forever", but nothing too drastic.

I was finally getting better at reading people's emotions, and not being oblivious to very obvious concepts. I also got better at understanding my own emotions.

Of course, I still messed up horribly here and there. For example, Scott's family invited my family over for Thanksgiving, and I kind of tripped and dropped the Turkey. Or around Christmas, when I accidentally set Scott's Christmas tree on fire. Or at New Year's when Scott's parents left, so Scott and I ended up getting hammered and going on a nighttime adventure around town. We almost got arrested, but we didn't.

Ok, so holidays usually meant disaster for me.

But other than that, my senior year was going great. I didn't have a schedule. My relationship with Scott was going fantastic. Well I mean, we fought here and there, but that was only because he would get mad at me for stupid reasons. Like telling a waitress she was horrible at her job, when she was. Or yelling at a woman in a movie theatre because her child wouldn't stop giggling every 5 minutes. You know, stupid things like that.

Besides that, things were great between us.

But in February, I got something in the mail that reminded me of the reality that would hit in a few months.

I got accepted into Stanford University.

Stanford was 5 and half hours from LA.

That was 5 and half hours from Scott.

Although my parents were cheering and losing their minds over it, I just sat there sadly as they hugged me excitedly.

"Mitch, why aren't you excited? You got accepted into Stanford," Mom reminded me, shaking my by the shoulders lightly.

"I know, that's what the letter said," I pointed out, "But it's almost 6 hours away," I reminded them.

"There's always holidays," Dad pointed out.

"But I was just getting used to being a normal teenager with a boyfriend. Going to college is a big change," I explained.

"You guys will make it work. You have 4 months to figure it out," Mom assured me with a pat on the back.

"In the meantime, you should call him and tell the news. You do realize how hard it is to get into Stanford, right?" Dad inquired.

"Yeah, but I managed to sustain my 4.0 GPA, I got a 36 on the ACT and 2390 on the SAT. It's not like I had any doubt that I would get in," I replied with a shrug.

They sighed in defeat, "I know you were expecting it, but it's still something to celebrate. Go tell Scott, he'll be happy for you, and get you out of this bad mood you're falling in to," Mom instructed.