"You're quite irresistible you know...."

"Offender!" I looked at him and spoke in a strong tone that made him back down. "Is this what you do to every girl who just wants to go out with you for at least one night to your favorite restaurant?"

"Well... You didn't say anything..."

"YOUR THE MAN! I'm the woman!"

"So?"

".... So you're the one whos supposed to ask me out..."

He nodded then stood up, going over to the coat rack nearby, grabbing his trench coat and fedora.

"Shall we go out then miss?"

I walked over to him and took the arm he was holding out to me.

"Of course I would...."

(one hour latter...)

"There are so many choices I cant choose one...." I muttered to myself.

"The steak, pick the steak...." Offendy muttered.

"I always have steak though..." I muttered in response.

"Pick the damn steak..." He whispered.

"But-" I began.

"Pick the steak!" He said.

"Okay Mr.I know what you should get!"

Just then the waiter came by our table.

"I'll get the damn steak then!"

Offender smiled widely and hid his face.

"Two of the usual..."

The waiter nodded and walked away.

"The usual?" I questioned.

"Yes, indeed the usual..."

A few minutes of staring at him like 'really?' latter the waiter came back with two plates of steak and a full wine bottle.

"Your different then most girls I've had out to dinner... This only happens if they survive the first night... But you're different, so I'm going to reward you sweetie... But of course..."

Our plates were put down in front of us, mine had two roses on it on top of the steak. A red one, and then a blue one.

"You still need to make the decision."

Offender sat forward, he seemed a bit more stiff then usual, and he wasn't grinning at all like he usually did.

"Offendy..."

He grabbed the wine and poured my glass halfway then his to the brim, and chugged it.

"Red or blue?" He gruffly murmured to me.

"Offender."

He looked at me.

"What?"

I stared at him.

"I'm scared..."

"Of what?"

"This game... That's what..."

"To bad, you wanted to get into it...."

"And there must be another way out then the red rose."

"There are no other roses."

"And I don't believe you."

His fingers drummed his empty glass as a song came on that made him sit up and open the side of his trenchcoat.

It was called slow love slow By Nightwish (freaking love that song).
(PLAY IT NOW! SLOW DOWN YOUR READING AND ABSORB THE MOMENT TOO!)

He hummed it.

"I only have one other rose..."

"And which is that?"

He stared into my eyes.

"Its for the one."

"Your hesitant..."

"I've never done this with any woman before... Gone out with them, chat and get to know them.... And truely... Without lust to guide it, fall in love with them."

He held out something the shape of a rose in a white cloth.

"This rose represents the first time I tried to look for the one for me... And it, is your third choice." After setting the white cloth down he unfolded it, showing a black, dead rose that had fallen to pieces but was stitched together with string.

Somehow, it looked in dismay, but almost as if besides all this it was at peace.

"Beautiful..."

He moved his fedora down as if he didn't want to see my choice.

"Choose one."

"What does the third one mean?"

"Thats for you to know in the morning if you choose it."

I stared at the other roses, he stared at me as I picked them up one by one, looking at them.

Until I finally, didn't pick it up, but held it to not break it.

"I choose, the beautiful black rose..."

He stood up and twirled his finger so that the song would start from the begining, he took my hand and lead me to the dance floor. He put one hand on my waist and the other holding my hand as he started to dance with me.

"No one has called that rose beautiful before now. And I appreciate that you're the one it chose. I didn't want to end up killing you tonight..."

I laid my head down onto his chest as he wrapped his arms around me, and I did the same to him.

And at the same time, felt a cool piece of metal go around my left ring finger.

He lifted me up bridal style, and kept going around like we were slow dancing, holding the tattered rose to my chest.

"You know..." He scoffed to himself. "I can't help but think of you as anything but a lovely dove... You more beautiful then a damn bird but..."

I giggled.

"Then how about you call me Dove?"

He nodded.

"Yeah... It suits you..."

Smiling, I kissed his cheek.

"You are really sweet you know..."

He blushed.

"Only to you, my Dove...."

He carried us over to our table and after the meal, we went to his cabin. After taking off his coat and fedora, he walked up to me, pulling me into his arms. He laid his lips on mine as I jumped up into his arms, he leaned my back against the wall while we made out.

"O-Offendy...."

"Shhh.... My Dove..."

He carried me over to his bed and laid me down on it gently while climbing in next to me, we talked for a little longer and kissed one more time before we fell asleep in each others arms....

(( Sweet huh? Thats right! It was never the lust that did it! It was the getting to know each together that did! They got married a week later and never had any issues whatsoever.))