Back When

Taylor up there! 💐👣🔝🔝 (main character)
"Do you, Michael, swear to take Taylor as your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold?In sickness or in health? For better or for worse?" The pastor asked.

"I do," Michael responded and I smiled. His eyes never lifted off of my face.

"Do you, Taylor, swear to take Michael as your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold? In sickness or in health? For better or for worse?"

"I do," I said.

"I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss the bride,"

Before the pastor even got the rest of the sentence out, Michael's lips were on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and stood on my tip toes. I'm only 5'4, well 5'7 in these heels. He's 6'0.

Cheers sounded alongside whistles and shouts. We released each other and my face beamed a toothy smile.

"I love you, baby," he said.

"I love you, too,"

Turning around, we jumped over the broom and walked down the aisles which rose petals were being thrown into. When we reached the end, he pulled me in for another kiss and I felt like I could never be any happier.

BUZZZ!

I jolted awake and looked at the clock. It was 8:00 and I was 20 minutes late on starting breakfast. Sitting up, I rubbed my swollen feet and put on my footies.

Michael was still sound asleep beside me.

I waddled over to the bathroom and turned on the faucet softly. A trickle came out and I used that to brush my teeth. I can't wake Michael.

It's a rule.

Finishing up, I put my curly hair up into a bun and walked down the stairs carefully. My feet were still aching a bit and working too hard will put me in a hospital.

As long as Michael gets what he wants, its okay.

Michael only eats an omelette and bacon for breakfast with orange juice. It hasn't changed in the year we have been married and I don't expect it to anytime soon.

Shit.

The clock wasn't slowing down at all and I was now way behind. I began to move faster, waddling around the kitchen for the materials so he won't wake up and yell. That's the last thing I want him to do.

Everything was in place except when I checked for the cheese to Put on the omelette, I saw we didn't have any. We only had shredded cheese and not the whole slice.

Hopefully, he won't notice. I finished making his breakfast and put it all on his plate. I then set the table for him and I took a seat.

This was the part where I wait.

He normally comes down 20 minutes later, if that.

To my surprise, it only took him 10 minutes to come down dressed. He walked over with a frown on his face and sat down.

"Good morning, Michael," I greeted him.

He picked up his fork and began to eat, which was my cue to eat along with him.

"What type of orange juice is this?" He asked, after taking a sip.

"The same orange juice that you've been drinking," I said. He looked at me with a shocked face.

"Are you trynna to get smart with me?" He threatened. I looked down at my plate and shook my head no.

"Answer me when I talk to you," he said gruffly in my ear.

"No, I wasn't trying to do that," I said, focusing on the plate design.

I heard the glass break on the floor and the liquid pour out.

"Pick that shit up. I don't like it," he ordered. I stood and got the broom.

It was a good thing I had on footies.

Sweeping up the mess, he continued to eat his breakfast until he stopped at a piece of
Omelette. He examined it and looked up at me.

"What type of cheese is this?" He asked.

"We ran outta the whole slices so I used shredded cheese," I said softly.

"You did WHAT?" He yelled, banging the table.

"I used shredded cheese," I repeated.

"If we ran outta cheese you should've carried yo fat ass over to the store! I give you PLENTY of time to make breakfast!" He shouted.

I rung my hands around the broom.

"I'm sorry. I woke up late," I muttered.

"YOU WOKE UP LATE MY ASS!" He yelled and threw everything on the floor. He then stomped over to me, brought his hand back, and slapped me right across my face, sending me to the ground.

I held my cheek with my hand as he stood over me. His dark shadow shielding me from the rest of the world. Tears began to well in my eyes and soon enough they were streaming down my cheeks.

"Taylor...." He wined. He then bent down and pulled my hand away from my cheek. "Look...I'm sorry baby. It's just been a hard week at work and...I need everything perfect,"

I continued to sob at the burning sensation in my cheek. I feel like I was thrown across a room, the slap knocked he wind out of me. He wrapped his fingers in mine and looked at me in my eyes.

"I promise... it won't happen when the baby is born...I promise you," he said and kissed my stomach.

"It won't happen,"

Comments? Predictions ? :)