"So, what's with the sudden interest?" Adam whispered in my ear as he pulled me in for a slow dance- despite the fast-paced music.

Pulling away from his chest, I gave him a questioning look, "Pardon?"

Adam chuckled at me, and even though he was only two years older than me, it seemed like he was so mature now more than ever. "We haven't talked in a week, and I know that Alice leaving can be sad, but don't try and play, alright?"

"I'm not playing," I said to him, smiling honestly this time. "I just want to dance and have fun with my friends. And sorry if you didn't get the memo, but you are technically in that category."

He gave me a smile, which, I will admit, was very nice. Suddenly, he spun me around in a circle, and I let out a loud laugh. Even with Casey and Lucy Caroline watching, I danced with Adam.

...

By the time I was tired and parched, I was walking off the dance floor by myself, while Adam continued to party with the other girls out on the floor. For the first time tonight, I felt no eyes watching my very move. As I grabbed a drink from a friendly omega, I actually was a little nervous. Did that mean the bounty hunters were being chased by Casey? What about Shanie? I couldn't imagine her fighting with Lucy, but I knew Shanie was strong and would use any means needed to make sure Lucy Caroline's plan didn't work.

The party was still in full swing, with the werewolves still partying and enjoying the Alpha's accommodations. Nobody noticed when the Alpha Female wandered through the crowd and over to where I was standing in the corner, and give me a nod. Putting my drink down on the nearest table, I took off after her.

When I went inside, she was already climbing the stairs, and I followed, pushing people out of my way and taking them two stairs at a time. "Sorry, I need to pee," I apologized to a couple I interrupted at the top of the staircase. There were people everywhere upstairs, taking their rooms that were given to them for the night, as even wolves shouldn't drive drunk. But thankfully, the Alpha Female wasn't speeding her way through the mansion.

Her long elegant red dress fluttered around the corner, and eventually led me to a higher floor. The third level wasn't as busy, and was more of a home than a hotel. This floor had a large room with an enormous lounge, and behind that was an office. The Alpha's office.

There were two guards standing by the door, but they let me in immediately. Suddenly, I felt the air leave my lungs as Shanie gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Thank god!" She yelled, and led me over to a red plush chair. She sat in the one next to me, as Alpha Elisa stood on the other side of the large oak desk with a boy. A very threatening, angry boy.

Casey's eyes were dark and clouded as he loaded his gun and slung it over his camouflaged shoulder. Shanie and her mother stayed quiet as I stood up and slowly approached him. Placing my hand on his arm, I looked into his hard face as his eyes stared a hole into the ground.

'What happened?' I asked him through our mind link, and his jaw clenched as his eyes met mine. My hand moved from his arm to his cheek, and his jaw relaxed under my touch.

'Lucy Caroline took off. She has a girl with her. My father and Noah are out looking for her. We have to leave, now.'

My heartbeat sped up as I noticed Alpha Elisa and Shanie were getting suited up as well. There was no shifting in this hunt. They were ready for the immediate kill. No one was getting their hands dirty.

'Who did they take?' I asked, and Casey gave me a sad look. That made me panic more. If Casey was going to leave in the middle of the party to search down this crazy lunatic, I had the right to know who was in my place.