Two - A Temporary Stand In For Your Face

Start from the beginning

Convincing myself not to chicken out, telling myself I never was and never would be a pussy, I scratched the back of my head awkwardly stepping back until I was right up against the door again, we could be friends after all, but not if I never spoke to him. There was nothing wrong with him, not that I was aware of yet, I was judging by his attitude and looks and that was wrong, I was also be stereotypical, which was also wrong and strangely unlike me.

I was completely under the impression he had no idea I was here, that he hadn't heard me, nor had he seen me, although apparently I was very wrong, I was certainly very shocked, when he yanked his earphones out and stared up at me very annoyed. He glanced down at his watch, before looking back up at me and spoke, "You've been stood there ten minutes, what the fuck do you want?" He growled, I may have been being stereotypical and judgemental, but I was getting the impression my stereotyping and judging was very good, as well as the impression we weren't going to be very close.

"Uh," I hummed slowly, swallowing the lump in my throat and straightening up making sure I wasn't cowering away or looking as well...fearful as I was. "Uh, I'm Frank a-"

"Oh, right you." He said looking down his nose and through his glasses at his book again, he said it with such venom, like he was spitting 'me' out of his mouth having chewed me and got a sour taste, he sounded so unimpressed and frankly disgusted.

"Yeah, I'm Frank and-"

"I don't care." He shook his head, not even sparing me a glance as he spoke, he didn't care enough to even look at me, simply looking down on me like I was a flea, it was a horrible feeling but I'd cope, I didn't care much for him if he wanted to be like that, Dan and Phil seemed nice, seemed like I had made friends.

Sighing heavily, a little apprehensive of saying anything about us rooming together, I had a hunch that he already knee, that that was why he had said 'you' so rudely, with such disgust and displeasure, but I wasn't positive. If we were in fact rooming together I could tell I was in for a hell of a year, because he really seemed to have an immediate hate for me, a real distaste even though I had only been in his presence fifteen minutes, it was shocking and a little offensive actually. In the simplest way, I was not looking forward to the tenseness, the awkwardness and undoubtedly the unfriendly environment, I assumed I was going to be spending my time in the next year of my life, I wasn't even sure why he was this way.

What had caused him to so immediately hate me was what I was asking myself, I wanted to believe that maybe I could change it, that he and I could be friends, but something made me think that wasn't going to happen. The best I could imagine for the most part was that maybe he was bullied, maybe he hated his life and just didn't like people, it would explain the words on the door, the way he ignored me when I can in and how Dan and Phil seemed a little...worried about me rooming with him. However the only explanation for bullying I could see so far was his attitude, the way he behaved so venomously and defensively towards me, if that was caused by bullying, how could it be the cause of bullying? He wasn't even unattractive; in fact he was in some ways rather attractive under his hidden attire, his glasses and his very original hair.

His face was rather defined, strong cheek bones and a fairly long thin nose, which his glasses sat at the very end of, he seemed to hold his head high and look down his nose to see through his glasses, not bother pushing them up or anything. He seemed to be fairly dark person, whether that was just a color he liked or he was a dark person in every way, I didn't know, but he had a black shirt, black hoddie and grey jeans and he had the room fairly dark. What did I know of course; maybe he just hadn't bothered opening them yet, after all he was reading - an interesting sounding book, Ecstasy: Three Tales of Chemical Romance. How he could read with his hair styled the way it was though, I didn't know, it was like he had some form of gel and had drowned it in gel, gluing it to his face, two spikes almost in front of each ear and one going down his forehead to the top of his nose, cool but...different.