Chapter 1- Alleyways always scared me

•Bruce•
My feet pad along the puddles on the street as we run from the gunshots. When I looked up, Reggie was standing there with a gun, obviously drunk. I would've never thought he was like this if he would've never hurt Alfred.
I didn't look back when I felt Selina's cold gloves grab my hand and pull me into an alley. We stood against the brick wall panting from running. I have to admit, I am really scared. But part of finding out who killed my parents murder is going to involve facing my fears, even if it's the hardest thing I've ever done.
I look over to where Selina was standing next to me, but she was sitting on top of a spray painted dump. I am so not used to this like she is, and maybe that's a bad thing. I need to face the real world someday soon.
"How was your first run away, city boy?" She chuckled and looked up at the sky. She held out her hand as I felt what she was feeling for too. Rain. The way these clothes were, I felt like they would stick to my skin if I stayed in the rain too long.
"Selina? Are you-used- to things like that?" I asked her curiously. Alfred had always kept me protected from the outside world after my parents died, because he thought that I had seen the bad side of life at a young age. But I know I havent, after all the things Detective Gordon has seen an what Selina's gone through. She's lived in that basement with all those people her whole life. She has no family, at least I did.
She looks down at her hands and fumbles with her thumbs. "Of course I have." she weakly chuckles and looks back at me. "Ivy and I have always been chased, or thought of as orphans. But we arent. We have family, just not the family we want. Rick has been drunk some, but not many times. And anyway, he would never hurt us. But, you're talking about gunshots, right?" she asked me.
"Uh, yeah. You know I'm not used to things like that. But you seem, prepared- for things like that." I told her. She smiled as the rain started to come down harder. "Of course I am. Living on the streets isn't hard, but it really isn't easy. Everyone trains each other-we take courses, as They call em- strength, ability, awareness, speed, and fighting classes. They prepare us for things like that, or cops, or those creeps who try to sterilize us and put us in orphanages. You need to learn, too. It will help you in this little, case your on. Promise me, it'll help you." She looks at me with a bright smile and her bold green eyes as the rain starts to pour.
I flinch like a cat and run up to her. "Anywhere we can go to stay out of the rain?" I ask her. Rain bothers me, for a reason I really don't know. She nods and laughs at me, "You scared of a little rain?" She says jokingly. I shake my head as thunder claps. Her eyes immediately widen and she looks back at me from the sky,"I am scared of that."
She hopped down from the dump, rattling it. She grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers, and pulled me out of the alley toward the bus station. The bus? We waited on the covered bench station and I looked around, noticing our fingers were still intertwined. I decided not to pull my hand back, and just look around. The glass was engraved with a symbol- the Wayne Enterprises w. I chuckled and we waited for the bus in silence.
When the bus approached, we stood up together and walked on the creaking bus. A man with stringy grey hair looked at me and growled, looking back at the ground, Weird? Another lady, with blonde hair, glasses, and a nurses outfit, had a Arkham file on Jerome Napier.
Selina pushes me to the window seat and I look at her. "Why did you make me seat on the inside?" I ask her curiously. I hope she doesn't think I can't protect myself, Alfred did help me some with that after she left. "Because, Spasz is on the bus, and he works for Falcone." she whispers to me. I look up some and see his shiny head.
It is him. I look at him, and I watch his head look around, and he puts his hand in his jacket. He pulls out a gun, and I points it at the bus driver.